delete this thread

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

capnspoony

I just finished a JFET amp module from the tape op review...and I had a question about the output signal my scope is reading.

I'm feeding it a 1K sin wave and its giving me a DC signal out. It should give me a larger amplitude sin wave that's out of phaase with my input signal.

I measure after the first transistor and it gives me DC .. ive checked my work and I haven't found any errors .. I've checked the data sheets a few times and my voltage is also correct.

I don't have any way to host pictures otherwise I would.

-richie

ooooo thanks ptown :)

I just figured out what it was..

those meters you sent me are great by the way.. I like my gssl in the dark

-richie :thumb:

Use twin-x.com, it's free and no popups. It was down for awhile, but it's back now.

http://www.twin-x.com/groupdiy/index.php

Glad to hear you got one of these built up. I'm working on several more. Just add the DI jack to my first one, and it's very nice.

What input transformer did you end up getting?

Just curious since the beyer group buy hasn't happened yet.

well not exactly a hamptone amp .. I actually changed my mind on what I wanted to build next so I went with the New York Dave passive eq .. and am building several output amps to try with it .. the hamptone being one .. but I have the amp up and running :)

I'll load some images tonight

-richie

on the input i have a 1+1:1+1 lundahl and the output is a 1:1 tamara (spelling?) just as the hamptone says to make it balanced

as promised .. (thanks ptown err brian)

DSC01881copy.jpg

here's my first attempt that didn't work. I then broke it :twisted:

DSC01882copy.jpg

posted this thread and started working on breadboard to find my error.

DSC01884copy.jpg

found my error and then put it back on vector board for the second time.

DSC01889copy.jpg

and here's my result. Input wave is the smaller sin with my output being a 26db increase that's out of phase.

what's this hamptone amp for ?
DSC01890copy.jpg

this...

the guts of my NYD eq that's housed in a ramko research line amp that I grabbed from ebay for 5 bucks, lid and all :thumb:

now I'll cross my fingers and hope there are pretty pictures!

-richie [/img]

I was a bit behind in my picture taking so I thought I'd show some more fun things.

I bought my iron in may :) .. right before I graduated from college

a pair of pultecs and a gssl

pultecssl.jpg

4 channel green pre (thanks peter C and ptown for the kits)
G9 thank you Jakob .. got the big red on off switch from a computer in the trash

preamps.jpg

and here's where I work when I should be asleep

myworkspace.jpg

thank you .. so many of you have helped me and I'm not able to help others yet.. but soon!

-richie :thumb:

Right on!

Let us know how the hamptone output stage sounds on that EQ. I gotta get round to making one of those as well.

I used all wilco inductors, BSL series. (thanks jaaaaaaakkko!)

and the orange caps .. are well, orange drops.

NYD pointed me towards the fastron series inductors from mouser for the Mid and High bands.. So I have those laying around because I didn't think that wilco would send the "free samples."

I just got a pair of lundahls for the input from rascalseven. This is the last part I need before I throw it all together. I was very careful when doing the wiring but I'm still a bit nervous for my first test.

I'll be sure to update this as I get closer to finishing the unit.

-richie

its working

its alive

my first vector board project works thus far via the scope

i'll take some pictures in a bit

both channels are working the same .. all boost/ cut and freq pots are working..

my variable output trim pots that I added on myself are working :wink:

-richie

Latest posts

Back