NYD eq up and running sounds amazing thank you dave!!!

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

capnspoony

Hi

I wrote a thank you note at the top of page three!

I just picked these up and would like to use as a 2:1 step down..

I know its possible since its a 1+1:1+1

but there is not a wiring diagram of how to do it in the pdf so I'm posting a picture of the pdf. If someone could point me in the right direction I'd be very happy since this is the last part I need to finish my NYD eq and the rest of it is up and running

1527_7xl.jpg

-richie

just use 1:2 backwards.
Since all the coils are the same, this will work.
Do not drop that thing on the floor!
The pins are wicked fragile.
Play over the carpet.
cj

that's what I thought but I got no output when I hooked it up.

It worked on the scope but the moment i flipped the on switch in the eq... my signal flat lines

I'll double check again.

I'm glad to know that's ok to do though

thanks cj!

its funny you say play on the carpet because that's where i build everything

I sit right in the middle and have everything else surround me :razz:

Geez, CJ, what a cop-out :razz:

Wire the two primaries in series, wire the two secondaries in parallel. The winding schematic shows you which pins are which.

If you really need the wiring diagram, use the primary wiring from the "serial-serial" diagram and the secondary wiring from the "parallel-parallel" diagram.

Dave, you need to register NYD.ink as a company name.

I can supply free torroids for the Passive EQ, you keep the profit so you don't live check to check like me.

R, whats the DCR on those Wilco's if you got em yet?

Hey

so wiring the 1:2 backwards does not work

When I feed the signal from my generator the proper way the 1:2 way I get a nice output signal

When I switch the probes I get lots of distortion..

I'll try what NYD suggested :)

I'll have to get back to you about the DCR on the wilco's

-richie

I'M SO CLOSE!

Very cool, Richie. It looks a lot better than my "ghetto" prototype. (Did you ever see that? I built it inside a gutted Shure mic mixer and used Dymo labels :green:).

The max DCRs of the inductors are listed on the schematic. The DCR of the largest inductor could stand to be a little lower than it is because it doesn't quite achieve the nominal 10dB of "boost" on the 40Hz range--it's more like 9dB and change. The rest are fine as-is. In fact, I wouldn't want the rest to be much lower than they are because then the curves would sharpen, too much so if the DCR is really low.

For DIY inductors, I was thinking of replacing the individual axial inductors with tapped pot-core inductors (like the ones Al K. made for his EQ) but I just never seem to have enough time to try out all my bright ideas... :roll:

yes. I saw a picture of your eq before you took it down. That was actually back in my lurking days. I'm a lot happier now that I know I'm taking steps away from being a total newbie. That is a neat idea for the eq. If you have time to design it, I'd certainly have time to build it!

I can't wait to put some tunes through this beast

I'm off to finish this. Soon I'll have some nice white knobs for the front.

I put your name on it.

-richie :razz:

blah

its still not working.

primary side: jumper'd (1 & 3)

secondary side: jumper'd (6 & 7) and (5 & 8)

same thing happens...

I'll feed the sin wave in on the primary side and then probe the secondary side and get nothing. If i reverse this I get signal flowing through the transformer.

The weird thing is: If I feed the primary side with the sine and touch the case I get an output signal that is not distorted is this bad?

-richie

see here:
they pulled the ol Neve swichter-roonski with the 4-3 combo in the side pocket.

ritchie.jpg

Anybody here ever run out a rack of nine ball?
Tried for 3 years, never did it, only by accident.
Then I see a guy run 6 racks in a row to win a tourney.
not worthy.

ok

the transformer is wired up correctly now and I'm getting a good scope reading on it.

When I hook it up to the rest of the eq my signal flatlines. I'll take some pictures of it in the morning .. I'm defeated for now

-richie

Here's the transformer flipped on its back primary side (left) secondary side (right)

xfrmrpiclabeld.jpg

This is a pic of when I scope the output on the transformer (the smaller wave)

DSC01935.jpg

then when I load the rest of the eq on the secondary of the transformer it does this

DSC01936.jpg

any ideas?

the rest of the circuit works. this is the last connection to be made.

-richie :thumb:

Back