SSL Font

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Siegfried Meier

Does anyone know what font from the Front Panel Express list is closest to an original SSL? Would anyone even happen to have a FPD file that is like the original?

Thanks so much,
Siegfried

Just search for SSL logo on their website & trace them using any graphic software like illustrator/photoshop/fireworks... then import them to whatever software that you use for designing front panel..

Its more accurate & the right way to copy a logo...

I don't understand how I trace, and then export into something that Front Panel Express can use. I don't have, nor do I want to use Corel Draw, which is the method that Frank has suggested. Isn't there a simpler way to do this? I have all the controls and logos cleaned up and cropped from the SSL manual. And unfortunately, it also has to be an HPGL format for FPD to use.

Any ideas on something simpler?

Thanks,
Sig

FPD imports hpgl (.plt) files so find a simpler programme that exports hpgl.
Other than that there's nothing simpler than Lazertran although the results are a bit unpredictable.

Here you go
Quadwould did all the hard work for you

http://www.groupdiy.com/index.php?topic=159468&highlight=ssl#159468

Siegfried,

if you can wait till monday or tuesdaty, i can get you the file.. I did the XL Logic logo on the silver unit, and i am working on the G384 logos from the grey unit. I am away this weekend and back late monday ebvening, but upon my return, it is the first thing i plan on doing.

Ithe XL logic file i have has the holes for the AL19w meter, (and soon with have for the PPM14... also it has holds for EAO Series 01 pushbutton switches. and also i have created the SSL style dot scale for the Sidechain option.

Soon i will have a complete original.. with Autofade as well.

hope this helps

BTW guys the tracing, and importing is a right B*tch.......

also Frontpanelexpress cannot do the infilled background and like on "COMPRESSOR" on the XL.... aside from that, I have a perfect match.

As an alternative plan...you could always use lasertran paper....it looks pretty much 'exactly' like the original unit and is already in the right scale. Lasertran is also quite easy to use. See radiance's 'SSL build' page on gyraf...his project really looks great.

I can email the print file to you if you like. :thumb:

D.

Hello,

I would really love to see your SSL logos & types.
I'm designing mine with the FPD soft and I miss the SSL logo converted the right way in HPGL.

If you could send these logos it would be so nice !

Thank you in advance

Damien

Whatever happened to Quadwould?? I was hoping to see that front panel for the S*S*L thaqt he made. I sent many emails to him, both personal and PM through the board and never ever received replies. Hoping he's ok and nothing bad has happened to him.

Siegfried

Back