Where do I buy through hole copper rivets in North America?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Quince

Something like these:
http://www.megauk.com/through_hole_rivets.php
I see a number of European stores selling similar things, but nothing in North America. Basically, I need to make vias connecting top to bottom that are easy to add and not raised above the board surface (so I can have them under surface mount parts), and so pins/wires/resistor legs are not an option for me.
There's also the Copperset where you stick in the plated solder rod and break it off at scored locations, but Digikey lists it as discontinued, and I only would want refills anyway and not the whole expensive kit.

No. These only make contact on one side. I need something to connect top to bottom on a double-sided PCB. The rivets I'm referring to expand their other side when the punch tool is applied.

I bought some eyelets from mouser, they weren't brass, but they did work like the brass kind. the bottom does flare out when you press them in place. Hoffman amps had some for sale, but they were cheaper from mouser. Last month I got a rivet press from an antique shop in montana for $18.00. cast iron, they had three. Just googled for eyelet, and got thomasnet there's a list of eyelet mfgs, one was stimpsonco, they have the straight barrel, as well as 7,000 other kinds. Don't know about min quantity orders, but I do know I'd like to get some more eyelets for future projects, and to use my new rivet press.

Back