Ready to start my GSSL !

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Silvas

In a few days i will receive my pcb´s, manufactured here using the gerber files from gyraf. for cost reasons, i´ve merged both cards onto one gerber, so is less expensive to make the pcbs, only one photomechanic job instead of two...i decided not to order from chef or gustav because is way faster to have the pcbs made locally.

i´m planning on using a nice 20 segment led meter with switchable reduction metering, say, 20dB scale and a more precise 5dB scale for "light" compression tasks.

Im also planning on leaving the dist. adjustment trimmers mounted on front panel (using the 2181 ic´s) so i can use it as a distortion compressor, something like that, i have to test this before doing something permanent..

Anyway, thanks for such a great forum, it has been really useful and has encouraged me to do this !

if someone wants the merged gerber files, just email me at [email protected]

[quote author="Silvas"]
Im also planning on leaving the dist. adjustment trimmers mounted on front panel (using the 2181 ic´s) so i can use it as a distortion compressor, something like that, i have to test this before doing something permanent..
[/quote]

playing with the distortion trimmers doesn't really do anything very audible, so I think you will find it not very beneficial to mount them on the front panel.

bienvenido to the forum!

how much is the cost of do just one pcb??? I etch my owns , fast and cheap.

Thanks for replying!

About the trimmers....yeah, it will probably be very subtle, i don´t know. i was thinking : instead of mounting the pots on the front, maybe i´ll just add a switch that allow me to offset the dist. adjustment voltage (something like "clean" and "dist" mode), but i´m not so sure about how to do this or if it´s going to work. just ideas...

Locally, in Bogota, it cost me about 25 usd to have the pcbs made, i´m still waiting for it. Next time i need the pcb´s they will cost like 15 usd, as the photomechanic job is a once-only.

Back