3D "AIR" EQ - "Night EQ" PCB's Complete!

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
does anyone have a mouser or digi-key b.o.m?  having trouble figuring out which parts will fit...  Also, is there a self-etch image for the power supply too.  Thank you for posting the traces for the main PCB!!

thanks to everyone
:)  greg

I have attached the BOM I use(d). It has the spacings of the capacitors which makes it easy to source them at any parts supplier.

Edit: There are only three 20K resistors!!! The R26 is only mentionend above the red marked R26 because there are two resistors called R26 on the board.

Attachments

• Nite EQ Parts - fIXED.pdf
    65.2 KB · Views: 82
thanks, I'm getting ready to make my online B.O.M  :cool:  I didn't understand the pin spacing.  the b.o.m. says 5/7.5/10mm.  do you mind explaining what that spacing refers to?  On the mouser site it seems you can only pick one number like 5 mm or so on?  Sorry for the questions!! 

best, Greg

bieckmusic said:
thanks, I'm getting ready to make my online B.O.M  :cool:   I didn't understand the pin spacing.  the b.o.m. says 5/7.5/10mm.  do you mind explaining what that spacing refers to?  On the mouser site it seems you can only pick one number like 5 mm or so on?   Sorry for the questions!! 

best, Greg

That means you can use a 5mm or a 7.5mm or a 10mm spaced capacitor for those parts on the board.  Take a look at the footprint on the board for the specific parts and you will see what I'm talking about.

-Casey

What value did you use on R9? The BOM says it should  be 64R9 or 64R. Both i cannot get here, i can do some serializing of values to come close. How close should it be?

22R +43R = 65R should be fine (1%) !? Otherwise i have to go the 20+20+24 route.

Hi everyone!    :) After several months I'm ready to order my parts and the press and peel blue paper to make the self etch boards. But, I was wondering if anyone had the self etch file for the power supply board?  Am I correct, you need 3 pcbs the two eq channels and a power board.  I got the eq file off the group email buy can't find the power supply file. 

I've never done a self etch so I'm a little nervous.  Sorry for my questions, this eq looks awesome!!

Greg

Hi everyone,

This is my first DIY project and I'm struggling a little bit with finding all the right parts.

Would this rotary switch work for selecting the high frequenties?
http://www.audiomaintenance.com/acatalog/LO-03-002_extended_info.html

And I would like to replace the other switches with stepped pots, with 11 steps or even 21 steps. Anybody has a link for this kind of switch?

Thanks in advance guys :)

Hi there,

I used Lorlin CK1459 for the frequency selector, and Lorlin CK1589 for 11-step cut/boost switches. Both should be available from Mouser in the U.S. -- They are U.K.-made switches so there must be a source for them there too.

The one you have a link to on AML will do fine for frequency select -- it's the PCB pin version so the tabs are a bit small for soldering wires, but it will work.

More info can be found here: http://www.lorlin.co.uk/PDF/CK.pdf

Hope this helps!

Has anyone posted response plots of their build? I can't find any, I recently ran Smaart on mine & see pretty much no cut, only boost on all the bands...

I ran some sweeps last night with FuzzMeasure --- I'm getting boosts and cuts, but the dB level seems to be more subtle than intended. I'm using stepped switches rather than the pots, so the error may be in my math. Strangely, the Air band on my unit seems to be working as planned.

Attached are the results of sweeps I ran through each band "maxed out" at -10 and +10...

Attachments

• EQ3D_graphs_v1.pdf
    512.1 KB · Views: 82
Are you using stepped switches or the reverse-log pots? From my understanding, the total value of the pot/switch (resistance for RV36,38,40,42,44 will set your maximum cut, while the value of R37,39,41,43,45 will set the max boost. Can you tell how many dB of boost you're getting?

For the power supply, will the mnats VARIABLE + PHANTOM POWER SUPPLY work instead of the SSL9k?  Also, Any idea which transformer to use.  I usually use avel-lindberg torroidal in my other projects and loved it!!  I was thinking using this one from avel-lindberg Y236006, it's 15VA and secondaries are 25v but the mnats board says 24vac in.

Also, I did searches and couldn't find a cheap source of the copper board to use for self etch with press and peel blue.  The cheapest I found was $15 for 9"x12".  If any one has a great source of self-etch board and a great price that would be awesome!!!

any thoughts would be greatly appreciated!! 

thanks!!
Greg

The mnats V+PPS probably isn't the best choice, it only provides +24V and +48V. You'll need both -18V and +18V rails. I used the JLM ACDC and omitted the phantom power. I'm having trouble finding info on the SSL 9K, but it will probably work if it provides positive and negative voltage rails. Your transformer will ideally have 18V secondaries - and don't skimp on the VA. The A-L Y236104 is a good choice, or Mouser has this one... 553-VPT36-690

Sorry, I can't help with the copper board - I'm not a self-etcher.

Back