3D "AIR" EQ - "Night EQ" PCB's Complete!

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Does anybody have the self etch files for this?

It would be greatly appreciated!

EDIT: Nevermind! found em!

Hi friends,I have few questions about this Project. :)

1.about connecting rotary switch to PCB,what are the Q and b pins??and next to Q we have 2-6, what does it mean??and pin 1 shouldn't be connected to anywhere?
2.Under R26 we have a resistor,what does it mean by 0R link??put a jumper instead of this resistor??
3.why some people put jumper instead of CIN1 and CIN2 Caps??
4.why we have 4 pins for LED??both of them are connected to the same source!!!

Thank you everyone. :) ;)

pachi2007 said:
I think this is correct but please verify
the shorting links between 2a,3a,4a,5a and 6a are missing in the pic, else only the 'off' and 2.5kHz settings would work. Just have a look at the schematic (schematic and previous posts should explain positrons remaining questions as well).

As harpo says, do the shorts, but I think that is indicated in the pic?

0R link is the same as a jumper.

Input caps can be replaced for DC coupling.

The 2 pairs of pins are in parallel, so only 2 connections.

Peter

Thx Harpo and Peter.
I took a look and I think I got it now. I hope :)

Attachments

• 2 pole 6 way CORRECTED.jpg
    2 pole 6 way CORRECTED.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 413
Hi again, :D
I bought two types of rotary switch 2*6 and there is a difference between them.one of them is like this
index.php

and the other is like this:
3703_0.jpg

both of them are 2*6 but when I turn number 1,it seems that it has 12 positions because it says TIK 11 times,but number 2 has 6 positions and it says TIK 5 times!!!

which one is correct??we want 6 positions according to the original version of EQ,isn't it??why number 2 says TIK 11 times whereas it has 2 pins in the middle and 12 pins around them??

for pic1 turn the switch full CCW, remove the fixing nut, remove the washer and displace the end-stop washer to pos.6. done.

Harpo said:
for pic1 turn the switch full CCW, remove the fixing nut, remove the washer and displace the end-stop washer to pos.6. done.
Thank you Harpo ;D.I didn't pay attention to that washer.Shame on me :p

Whoops said:
positrons said:
nobody has the PCB for PSU?? :-\

The PSU PCB is the same used in the green pre.

You can also use the PSU PCB from Gustav used in the SSL 9K project

Thank you for your help.
you mean This PSU??

http://www.lorcan.me/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/layout.png

I don't understand output of this supply.why it has for pins??and what are the names??+ - and Ground??

another question,GREEN Mic pre is the clone version of focusrite GREEN???is it a good pre??you think it is worth to make it?? :)

positrons said:
I don't understand output of this supply.why it has for pins?? and what are the names??+ - and Ground??
The four pins from left to right are 0V reference voltage and +15V, -15V, +48V in respect to this 0V reference voltage.
For the 3D-EQ you don't need the +48V phantom voltage rail, so you'd leave out all parts above the AC-input connector and left side of the 1000uF/35V caps, just keep the 4 rectifying diodes between AC-input connector and bottom 1000uF/35V cap.

another question,GREEN Mic pre is the clone version of focusrite GREEN???is it a good pre??you think it is worth to make it?? :)
Just look up the green-pre in the meta or read the green-pre help thread. ;)

Harpo said:
positrons said:
I don't understand output of this supply.why it has for pins?? and what are the names??+ - and Ground??
The four pins from left to right are 0V reference voltage and +15V, -15V, +48V in respect to this 0V reference voltage.
For the 3D-EQ you don't need the +48V phantom voltage rail, so you'd leave out all parts above the AC-input connector and left side of the 1000uF/35V caps, just keep the 4 rectifying diodes between AC-input connector and bottom 1000uF/35V cap.

Just look up the green-pre in the meta or read the green-pre help thread. ;)

Thank you so much Harpo for your excellent explanation. :)
I will read the topics, I only wanted to know that what is this micpre and see one pic from the original factory made version.

positrons said:
I will read the topics, I only wanted to know that what is this micpre and see one pic from the original factory made version.
Pic from an ancient A*** console? Nuthin to do with Ficusrote. No cloning of units that are still in production or still on sale here.
It is a mic preamp. IMHO the room, mic placement and performance in front of the mic are 99% of perceived differences between preamps. YMMV.

Harpo said:
positrons said:
Pic from an ancient A*** console? Nuthin to do with Ficusrote. No cloning of units that are still in production or still on sale here.
It is a mic preamp. IMHO the room, mic placement and performance in front of the mic are 99% of perceived differences between preamps. YMMV.

yes pic from an ancient A*** console :) yes you are right the room, mic placement and performance in front of the mic are 99% of perceived differences between preamps.

Back