3D "AIR" EQ - "Night EQ" PCB's Complete!

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi all guys, this is my first post here.

I would like to build a night EQ unit and I'm wondering if it's possible to add an input trim, a "signal" led and a "peak" led.
If so, any suggestions on how could I do it?

Thank you all,
Nicola

hi all
i just got handed a preQ3 with switching PSU
it blows the first fuse (mains one) even when the PSU is not in the unit
i'm thinkin' it's the mosfets
does anyone have one of these puppies and could tell what the voltages on the PSU pins are
what is on the board is kinda strange for audio attached a pic of the connector
oh yeah IPD no longer sells this unit and has no info on it

so dasnevestheo

dasnevestheo said:
Here's everyting I have on this project : https://we.tl/t-6iQaqbnDkN
could you please re-post a link to the project docs
the link is dead

thank you muchly
lance

Attachments

• 689a.jpg
    689a.jpg
    936.6 KB · Views: 50
I'm being pretty helpful, it just depends if you want to be helped or not

Your problem is not related to the project this thread is dedicated to,
so you shouldn't be posting here

This is an help thread for DIY Night EQ  project builders

The correct place to post your problem is in the LAB section, you will get the help you need there

"The Lab
Electronics Repair and Troubleshooting"

I'm helping you out and I'm helping this thread out

in case anyone needs pcb's, I found 4 extra night eq pcb's that I will not need.
I posted them for sale on the black market:

https://groupdiy.com/index.php?topic=76070.0

Air band questions. LMK if this is the wrong thread or if it's been covered.

Why the 200R/20R setup to use big caps instead of, say, a 2K/200R to enable using caps a tenth the size? Is there an impedance advantage? Also what are the advantages of using the inverting input resistor through a cap to ground, as opposed to a more conventional HPF? I'm aware that it helps with offset, unsure of the specifics though.

Anyone heard from Peterc? I have ordered PCB'S from him in March and since September when he told me "Hi Manu

We have just gone to Level 1 lockdown which means they are allowing international air travel.
I will get to the post office tomorrow and send your PCBs. Thanks for your patience.

Peter"
I haven't heard anything from him... Nor have the PCB'S arrived.

Manu

Hi Manu

Still not arrived? I will send out another set to you this weekend.
I sent them a while ago (will have to check) but our postal system is pretty crap.....

Sorry for the delay.
Peter

peterc said:
Hi Manu

Still not arrived? I will send out another set to you this weekend.
I sent them a while ago (will have to check) but our postal system is pretty crap.....

Sorry for the delay.
Peter

HA damn, thank you for the quick reply !
Nothing yet

ill send you pm

Hello! I checked all the pages of this thread and all the links - it looks like the signal / clipping indicator schematic is lost.  :(  if someone has kept it, please share.

alexandronozeolu said:
Hello! I checked all the pages of this thread and all the links - it looks like the signal / clipping indicator schematic is lost.  :(  if someone has kept it, please share.

Hi,
Did you use the respective link in Wayback machine?

Whoops said:
Hi,
Did you use the respective link in Wayback machine?
yes, i checked all links by wayback mashine too. the signal / clipping indicator isn't preserved, unfortunately. I know that there are many other ready to use indication solutions, for example from the soundsculptor. just interested to see the original "air eq" indicator

Back