Anyone know of a company making chasis like these old RCA

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pucho812

Old tube equipment style rack unit. Looking for something similar as the front pannel is in 2 parts, Frame and pannel. I like that Idea as one could still have metal frame which is strong for racking gear then use a wooden pannel for the knobs, meter and such.

8456_12.JPG

81fa_0.JPG

I don't know of anyone offering a chassis like that. But you could make something similar using a box chassis mounted on a rack shelf, along with a front panel of your choice. You could use a piano hinge and thumbscrews to join the panel to the chassis-shelf assembly.

Dave I had a the same idea but I dunno how strong it would be. YOu know I should study the Vi-pre chasses as it has that exra holder on it for weight support. but yeah a good idea indeed :thumb:

Mmmmmmm, BA6A... I love those things. I have a rack tray with threaded holes just inside of the rack holes. Looks like the framework in the back. I don't know who manufactures it, but it looks as if it could be a very common item in the networking industry.

Markertek has some mid-atlantic shelves that you could attach a chassis and panel to pretty easily. Maybe a bit pricey, but this one has a 60lb capacity...

Rack Shelf

A little drilling here, some tapping there, and bing-bang-boom you've got a solution... maybe you can find similar stuff cheaper elsewhere. Surplus even.

A P

I think BUD still makes the type box that STA-LEVELS were built on. You have to pick your own front panel.

One obstacle is the lack of off the shelf panels in thicknesses greater than 1/8". Heck, even those are harder to find. I've a lot of older gear with 3/16" panels, and some with 1/4" panels.

Back