Sontec Website

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Svart,

I barely skimmed over this thread, what are the new PCB files for? is it a remake of the sontec clone?

For me was basically just a learning experience. What triggered it was the fact that I wanted to use pc mount pots and couldn't find the bourns. So I tried redesigning for the Omegs instead. And then I thought it would be cool to use a dual concentric, just in case some one wanted to save some frontpanel space, or do a 1RU unit. Kind of like some of the GML ones.

I was also planning on doing another amp board, but my idea was to just make a version without any components for the power supply. Just a DC in. That way people could use their favorite supply. Which would save some pcb realstate as well. I may give this a shot also, just to learn some more.

take care
Gil

My blokes are running happily at +/-24 if that helps you.

As far as un-matching pots to pads, I just used wires to connect the two.. :green:

Orienting the bias trimmer control up will certainly make it easier for boards laying flat, but it will be impossible to adjust for boards mounted vertically without removing them and building a special alignment jig. With the control facing towards the back, it will be possible to adjust it no matter which way the board is mounted. I have a feeling that most people will be mounting these vertically.

Makes sense, but they make those trimmers with the adjustment on the side, and on the top, so if you mount it vertically, all you have to do is get the one with the side adjuster. Like on the top of this page. You can see you have those options:

http://www.mouser.com/catalog/628/568.PDF

what would you recomend for the test points?? just some pads, so you can solder some wires? or some kind of dual molex connector?

thanks
Gil

All right,
so here are the changes for the trimpot, and the test points.

Let me know what you think.

sontec_filter_pcb07.JPG

Ahhhh crap!!!!
I used the wrong file to update :oops:
I'll do it again tonight and fix the C26 to C27 tps..
thanks
Gil

OK, it should be all fixed now.
Look above. Let me know if that is what you meant about the trim pot.

take care
Gil

drpat said:
And here it is...

MEP250Bv1-5.jpg

I've still got a little bit of cleanup to do on it so there's stray text here and there and the mountong holes need to be moved, but circuitwise, that should be it.

BR,

About the test points on C27, you'll need a test point for both pins on that capacitor.

Orienting the bias trimmer control up will certainly make it easier for boards laying flat, but it will be impossible to adjust for boards mounted vertically without removing them and building a special alignment jig. With the control facing towards the back, it will be possible to adjust it no matter which way the board is mounted. I have a feeling that most people will be mounting these vertically.

any "develope" ?
???

wow.. I had even forgot about this project. 
I have to find this file somewhere and see if I can catch up...
Is there still an interest on this?
I have to read up on this thread, but I think the idea was to try to get to a 500 series format..

Back