Telefunken W695

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mik

GDIY Supporter
I posted the schame to Bo hAnsen a time agò , enyway this EQ's is limited but it hase got an incredible sound.. good for everything even a stereo bus, wen sound go thru it it takes deep an open wide definition at all the frequencies, I got a pair of W695a and W395a.
I really never eard somethic like this.
grab it !

speaking of numbers ....
I have a pair of W295b
where does the b stands for ? and what's an a ?
I never hooked them up, I should I guess :green:

[quote author="buttachunk"]"I have a pair of W295b
where does the b stands for ?"

b stands for sell them to me for $200 for the pair !![/quote]

it was a deal, it whorst 400/600 ?uro
B stay there for indicate the difference in costruction details , I guess

I don't think the 'b' in W295b is a four band, it's just like someone else posted a construction detail. I guess it's just a newer version. I don't see many/any differencies in the schematic. I have both W295, W295a & W295b schematics. I'm not at my own computer right now, but I'll post 'em later.

www.schmitronic.de usually have W295s(a/b) for less than 2000euro/USD. I've dealt with them a number of times without problems.

I do think the german letter/number names are quite easy to follow. Remember there's are hundred of different modules! Just think if Cranesong made a hundred different preamps... Flamingo, Peacock, Chicken, Hummingbird... THAT would be hard to remember!

Well, my friend has w295b and I have w295a...his are 4 band, mine are 3 band. Granted, our modules are Siemens not Telefunken but they're usually quite similar.

[quote author="tommytones"]w295b is a 4 band version of w295a...they sound quite good. I have a pair of w295a's and love them.[/quote]

excuse me, but that's wrong!

all those modules are 3-band.
w295 = hi/lo shelf & presence peaking with boost only
w295b = same, but boost & cut for presence, plus one additional freq. step
w295a = instead of the presence band, there's only one switch for "rotating" the whole audio band around a center freq of about 700hz. meaning, boosting above and cutting below at the same time, or vice versa. - one application is supposed to have been equalizing playback of very old records (non-riaa). anyone have any other ideas?

btw. cool thing about that w695 schematic. rarely seen. you could have guessed it's not discrete if you look at the module size... danner b1 (1/2 of w495 etc.). 3 bands in that small space - it's remarkeable there's even in & output trannies in there...!

oh yeah - anyone have schematics for filtek mk5a?

cheers,
volker

here's pic of the siemens W295b:
siemensw295bEQ.jpg

this is the W295a:
0b_1.JPG

cheers,

michael[/img]

I've got the W695a Full documentation, I've Already post a copy of paper vertion to Bo Hansen some time ago, but He didn't host it yet, maby I can post to Jakob, if he's does agree, to host it on his site. I will ask him
MIK

Hi Mik,

Yes, send the W695a to Kubi - it would fit nice in his collection!

Kubi - that collection gets more serious every time I look...! :shock:

Jakob E.

Yes Kubi that's really a nice collection! I thought about doing the same myself, but there's no need for that now :green:

I think I have one or two that you don't, so pm/mail me with your email..

kubi, you may want to correct something on your german modules page. as comment for the pic "[W695_technical_data.jpg] (361kB)" you accidentally wrote "Neumann W495b technical data"... :wink:

keep up the good hosting job man! i have some more schem's in my vaults, too, i'll send them over when i get a chance.

Back