OT : How to view very long threads in one page for printing?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Silvas

Help with this! there are some 120+ page topics that i would like to print but doing it page by page is a PITA! anyone knows how?

Thanks

Been asked before, no pretty answer I'm afraid.

I usually cut and paste the verbage, leave off the template html stuff, paste it into Word, or something.

Someone should make a PRR book.

About searching:
As you have probably already found, the integrated forum search-engine can be a pain to use when searching for information in some of the long-long threads. Mike (user insideout) has come up with an elegant solution to this - involving the browser "Firefox" and a plugin called "ScrapBook". This really enhances searches over many-many pages, like the giant error-fixing threads.

Mike has put together an easy-to-follow howto, found at: http://mikeinak.googlepages.com/home

from the META "META"
firefox plug ins rulez !!

;-)

Scrapebook works great with Firefox.

Here's another one. If you're not happy with Adobe and its bloatware pdf reader, go here and use this free one:

http://www.foxitsoftware.com/

It takes up very little space and loads fast.

Cheers,
--
Don

Maybe we can get Ethan to add this feature. With access to the database, making a nice pdf or minimum html without all the fancy forum decoration (which makes up >90% of the data) might be possible :thumb:

I hacked a quick and very dirty script to paste several pages into a huge single page thread, the complete LA2A thread is here (430kB zip, 5MB html). Unzip and open locally. Some links, buttons and pictures might not work correctly
You can jump to the original post on the forum website by clicking the white 'sheet of paper' symbol in the top left corner of the message window.
If there is interest in more threads (or the amateurish perl code), let me know.

;Matthias

Edit: SSL thread.

Michael Krusch Posted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 7:51 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It's still a lot of work to only save a thread.
An 'Whole-thread-on-one-page' option would make life much easier.

OH YES PLEASE SAYS I :wink:

thanks guys, in fact i think there must be an option to do th1s using bbcode language or something....hey ez81 i would love to know how do you do the long threads!

[quote author="Silvas"]i think there must be an option to do th1s using bbcode language [/quote]

Why BBCode?

It's just a totally simplesized version of HTML, so I don't understand that comment. :?

@Silvas: Check your PM.

Best wishes for the new year :guinness: :sam: :green: :thumb: :green: :sam: :guinness: ,
;Matthias

Back