Eagle Questions

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

owel

I've been reading the help file and can't find the answer I need. So I'm posting my questions here hoping some Eagle experts can help me.

1. On the PCB board, Is it possible to move the component names on the layout and rotate them/move them independent of the component orientation?

for example, I want to label a resistor "680K" and have this text appear inside the resistor body symbol. How do I do this?

Do I turn off all component names, and enter manually "text" on each component?

2. How do I change the "snap" setting so I can layout my component on the PCB midway between the two snap points? i.e. similar to the AutoCAD Snap command.

Thanks to all.

Sorry if this sounds like a dumb question. I can't find the answers in the help file, or don't know what to look for.

1. On the PCB board, Is it possible to move the component names on the layout and rotate them/move them independent of the component orientation?

U need to 'smash'...select the 'smash' tool (scroll over to find...under the 'name' tool...) then click the component - now the >NAME and >VALUE texts can be freely moved independent of component oriantation...

2. How do I change the "snap" setting so I can layout my component on the PCB midway between the two snap points? i.e. similar to the AutoCAD Snap command.

Go to the 'Grid' tool/tab (up top) select ur 'alt' setting for say 1/2 ur main settings...so for instance I typically use 50mil main, 25mil alt - so normally u can move things around on a 50mil grid and if u click and hold the alt key whilst moving it's a finer 25mil grid snap...

That make sense?

THANK YOUUU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Who would have thought SMASH is the right command. I'm doing my help search using the MOVE command! :)

Is it possible to UNSMASH it after SMASHing it? Say I want to move the whole component, value and all somewhere else.

>if u click and hold the alt key whilst moving it's a finer 25mil grid snap...

Thanks!!!!!!

Latest posts

Back