CONVERSION: FRONTPANEL DESIGNER-->CORELDRAW--->FRONTDE

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

damiafix

Hi, who is the way for to convert a project from frontpanel designer to coreldraw and import it to front designer, or the inverse??? I've installed Leadtools eprint5 (trial versione) but it don't work (it seem blocked). There's another virtual print drivers as this?

Thanks, Damiano

you need to work with hpgl files for Front Panel...

have a look at the part of Frank's page http://nrgrecording.de/html/schaeffer.html that is headed "Tips to make engravebale HPGL files with Corel Draw" - towards the bottom.

Apparently Corel Draw should work with hpgl files. Otherwise, if you hunt around this forum, there's reference to the printer drivers for a particular type of hewlett packard printer that allows you to print to a hpgl file (I just can't find it right now).

Cheers

Very thanks,
but from Front Panel Design to Corel Draw there is a way?

Regards, Damiano

I don't really see the point of why you'd want to do that. Use a layout software to do the graphics, export (or convert) to hpgl and then put it all together in the frontpanel designer, at least that's the way it seems logical to me :roll:

You can install a postscript printer (Apple laserwriter II) and activate printing into a file. If you print to that printer it will create a postscript file which can be imported by Coreldraw.

Hi Martthie_08

You're right, but the point is that I've a projet maked in Front Panel and I wish to import it in Corel Draw for modify it in this software that is more complete. I ask if there's a way.

Regards, Damiano

[quote author="damiafix"]Very thanks,
but from Front Panel Design to Corel Draw there is a way?

Regards, Damiano[/quote]

I don't know why the pdf driver don't work on your setup but there is another solution : you select the objects in FPD and copy/paste in Corel Draw. I don't know it it will work for Corel but it works for Adobe Illustrator.

But if it work with Illustrator I can export from Illustrator to a compatible vectorial file format?

Regards, DAmiano

Right!

I remember I do not use Leadtools eprint5 anymore because I could not get a pdf version with non-vectorized text… I guess it is a limitation from FPD, so I copy and paste to Illustrator and use the result as a background to re-draw and re-write the panel…

I switched from FPD to Illustrator because I want to use silkscreen (I hope), there are less limitations than engraving (you know fonts, painted surfaces, etc.). And it's really easier for me to work with Illustrator.

YEs, I've tried and the resulted copy/paste from Front Panel Design to Corel Draw is a vector image, but it is don't very good. It can to be used as background image for realize a new image in Corel Draw, or there's a way in Corel Draw for optimize it? For example the circles are not linears, the text is distorted.

Regards, Damiano

Exactly, that’s why I do not use FPD anymore. It's not a real vector tool.
It translate a curve into small lines… Suitable for an engraving machine I guess but not for silkscreen.
I do not know how to optimize the result in Corel Draw without re-drawing from scratch.

Back