Gold Foil Plate Reverb

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
G

Can't find much information on this
Obviously it is a much better build DIY option than a six foot steel reverb plate
Anybody got any info at all - the only thing I can find is it works like a plate reverb but is much smaller (ie. can be put into a desk like the EMT one) and is a plate covered in gold foil.
Anybody?

I was thinking abou tthe small ones - not the 3 feet ones...
Is the EMT400 an example of this?

From my research the bigger plates are generally supposed to sound better. They have a more dense sound. If you read about the smaller emt gold foil plate some people say they`re a bit of a one trick pony, good for drums.

Having used both may times, trust me... The Gold Foil is a seriously compromised plate. -If you didn;t have space for a "real" plate then it was better than nothing, -specially since there essentially was no digital reverb when I started- and if you didn;t have space for a full-sized plate, you certainly didn't have space to devote to natural reverb chambers!

-But if you're going to take the trouble to DIY one, the full size one is simpler, and is more likely to yield usable results.

Keith

Back