New DIY Project : 18 Watter!

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

W DeMarco

As most of the stuff here is centered around studio gear I thought some might get another DIY angle. Found this forum which centers on the coveted 18 watt marshall. Cool stuff, Im building the original circuit although there are mod circuits, Things like high mids and low instead of a single tone pot. From the looks most people are doing the point to point deal. I think there are alot of prefabbed boards or you can get blanks and drillem. Great amp for studio work and not to complex for the average DIY job.

Also I found cool diagrams for building all sorts cabinets as well. Check it out: http://18watt.com/

Will

I know there are many people here who are active (or have been active) on 18watt.com; the site's been linked to from here quite a bit.

I referred a colleague to it a couple of weeks ago... I reckon he'll be hooked very soon!

Keith

I can tell you with certainty the service mangement at that building near Ikea in MK - know nothing about the 18 watt project
I asked a "leading" question to the boss and the technicias there - they had no idea what the hell i was talking about - so I changed subject to ho sh*t Micky Moody's amp looked (it was in for repair)

Yeah dewd-

An 18 watt has been on my DIY list for sometime. Keep us up to date!

Thanks,

Josh

Apparently my early Wem Dominator is quite similar to the Marshall 18W circuit.

Plus it's loaded with a 15" Celestion Green Back. And it was free. Hah!

Don't get people started on the "picked this amp up off the trash pile"....story..... I'll weep... :cry:

[quote author="rodabod"]Apparently my early Wem Dominator is quite similar to the Marshall 18W circuit.

Plus it's loaded with a 15" Celestion Green Back. And it was free. Hah![/quote]

you lucky sob! :thumb:

[quote author="mikka"]Don't get people started on the "picked this amp up off the trash pile"....story..... I'll weep... :cry:[/quote]

No, it was sitting next to a bin in the street. Close though!

Back