Anyone out there to make a Super77/inkjet printing tutorial?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Val_r

It would be fine to have a useful tutorial on how to use this printing technique, with the correcttimings and procedure.

What, better than this:

[quote author="SSLtech"]Some time ago I discovered that if you print (reversed of course) with a LASER printer onto a backing sheet from Avery "laser labels" or the like, the toner 'sort of' sticks... but comes off at the slightest provocation.

-So... if you gently mist a fine dusting of 3m super 77 coating over a panel (I di some front panels with it) and then let it go nice and tacky (5-7 minutes or so) then you can just lay the reverse-printed backing sheet on top, and simply rub it down with a pencil. It transfers right off. -Failed attempts wash easily away with lighter fluid or naptha.

I did an LA-2a clone front panel with it:

LA2apanel.jpg

It works well -even for very fine detail.

For a PCBoverlay, you'd have to have registration marks to save a lot of trial-and-error.

Keith[/quote]

I thought that explained it pretty well, myself

Nope. It dries. Takes a day or so to become fully dry, but here's the beautiful thing:

The Super 77 makes a great 'primer' for aluminum. Usually if I spray paint aluminum, the paint chips moderately easily. now, if you clear-coat the panel after the super-77 has dried, the super-77 acts as a rather tenacious bonding layer, keeping the clear paint locked to the panel. The clear coat in its turn seals the panel so that any later application of ligher fluid/naptha will no longer wipe it off, and it's smudge-and-chip-proof as well.

That's it.

It really is[/u] that cheap and easy!

Keith

Latest posts

Back