neve 2254/33609

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fredrik

I found some info about neve 2254/33609 diy from 2004 I think. Has there been some succes building these? Are there some info colected some where around here (a major thread or something)?

If someone could point me in a direction I would be grateful:) thanks!

Not an easy build, but "ijr" (I think) pulled it off. He does fantastic work. Search around and see if you can find it.

OK, I´m no electronic wiz by no means I´m just about to finnish my GSSL and looking for something else to build (a mean busscompressor would be nice).

Appart from that the info on this seems to be lesser than the GSSL Whats the main difficulty with this design? the matching of the diodes?

Svart: will you be posting some info on the build while doing it? I would be qurious to see the progress.

[quote author="Fredrik"]Appart from that the info on this seems to be lesser than the GSSL Whats the main difficulty with this design? the matching of the diodes?[/quote]
Cost may be an issue. Various rotary switches & TXs.

i thought i had the schematics for these, but can't find them now, if anyone happens to be hip to pm's or emailses.

i've been mulling in my head the possibility of small mono versions of this. or perhaps neve in the day made a mono compressor that was more along the lines of a tracking comp?

2254 and 33609 are the only ones i've heard of. shame, i've never actually *heard* any at all.

[quote author="enthalpystudios"]i thought i had the schematics for these, but can't find them now, if anyone happens to be hip to pm's or emailses.

i've been mulling in my head the possibility of small mono versions of this. or perhaps neve in the day made a mono compressor that was more along the lines of a tracking comp?

2254 and 33609 are the only ones i've heard of. shame, i've never actually *heard* any at all.[/quote]

in what I posted above there is scehmo,boardlayouts,etc,etc,etc.

Svart-

Do you ham a BOM? I'm curious how you are keeping the cost down. No stepped attenuators? Any lines on LO1173's? PM me if you have a chance.

Thanks,

Josh

no true BOM for this, I am following IJR's schematic and pulling from all the leftover parts from my 1272s and such.

I bought the sowter equivalents to the neve iron. not cheap but cheaper than the real thing.

Oh- okay-

I was thinking 33609, but you are doing the class a output a la Igor's so you wouldn't be using the 1173. Did you go with a variable attack time? Seems like it would be a nice addition. I'd love to see some pics!

Thanks,

Josh

Do not buy anything from Wonderlandaudio - Pedro Rodriguez. I think he is a scam artist. I bought a Neve 2254A from him through Ebay and paid through paypal on May 23rd - $2000 US. I have not heard a peep since. He was very responsive prior to the sale. One he received my money - nothing. I have sent at least 50 emails - no response. I know other who have been ripped off as well.

Thats strange as I have done a lot of trades with him without any problems at all! Gardener transformers, original L02567, 1081 caps, pcb's and more.......

Yeah, it could be a place were the 'accusators' & 'suspects'/'victims' could settle their stuff, so keeping the dirty laundry well away from the regulator visitors.

Hey, I see it's already there that desirable fifth category:

it's..... PM ! :cool:

Latest posts

Back