neve 2254/33609

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry to air this out in this form. I just want you all to be aware of Wonderlandaudio and Pedro Rodriguez. I know other who have bought from him and have not received product. Just giving you a heads up if you are going to do business with him. I just want my money back $2000 or the Neve 2254A which I purchased in good faith.
Again, Sorry to interrupt your discussion.

Rob!
1N4148 will work just fine! 1N4148 will also work for the gainelement but it's takes more of them to find matched pairs / matched quartets.

[quote author="Tekay"]Rob!
1N4148 will work just fine! 1N4148 will also work for the gainelement but it's take more of them to find matched pairs / matched quartets.[/quote]

As it seems another/older/pre-33609 drawing uses those BAT-types, right ? OK, easy does it, everywhere 1N4148 (at least outside the bridge).

Still makes one wonder why the AMS-Neve-pdf uses 1N4148 everywhere except for one place, a BAT... (see other thread)

[quote author="Tekay"]IIRC the BAT42 is a fast recovery diode used in the meter circuit.[/quote]

The release circuit uses BAX13 not BATs.

I think it's because bats are out of the normal frequency range of human hearing !! :wink:

Next question:

The release switches both contain polarised components (2 diodes & tantalum cap). Therefore there must be a right way to connect them to the motherboard. Looking at the mother board there is a common connection which goes to both release switches, so which side of the switch should this connect to ??? I can't seem to find anything that tells me this ?? Anyone help here ?

The common point (voltage reference) is going to "D" at the recoveryswitches. If reversed Auto 1 & 2 won't work as it should.

Latest posts

Back