Killer Diller Filter Software

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CJ

GDIY Supporter
Scroll down to the bottom and download NuHertz Filter Free 3.0
4.0 is out there for free, but I lost the link, not much different, sometimes the earlier stuff is better anyway, before they clutter it up and make it into a 30 day trial.

http://academics.vmi.edu/ee_js/Research/RESEARCH.HTM

Who Dat?

Speaking of filters, you wanna schedule some time and get together, say... a Saturday afternoon, melt some wax, and dig into the filter section of one of my Pultecs, and get the real skinny on that inductor? We could take lots of pics, and do lots of measuring then later on, throw down lots of beers! C'mon CJ, talk me into it...

Black Widows, lots of those in Downtown. :razz:

Pat, that would be a dream come true!
We would not have to dis assemble anything but the sheet metal.
Sometims as soon as you put a soldering iron to a circuit, the owner gives you the ol "it has never sounded he same" rountine :grin:

We could force a wire thru the inductor core a few tims and get some inductance readings.
I can haul up all the stuff from the shop.

I have never seen a pic of the inside of the filter cage, and I have a ton on my site, but the darn netscape editor keeps saving the html to a root dir.
:twisted: :green: :twisted:

[quote author="CJ"][quote author="CJ"][quote author="CJ"][quote author="CJ"][quote author="CJ"][quote author="CJ"][quote author="CJ"]Scroll down to the bottom and download NuHertz Filter Free 3.0
4.0 is out there for free, but I lost the link, not much different, sometimes the earlier stuff is better anyway, before they clutter it up and make it into a 30 day trial.

http://academics.vmi.edu/ee_js/Research/RESEARCH.HTM

Who Dat?[/quote][/quote][/quote][/quote][/quote][/quote][/quote]
Thanks for mentioning that :thumb:

Was looking for additional info and stumbled on this one, even a newer version as it seems - FWIW... also free as it seems (but not sure for how long and how much more cluttered):

ftp://ftp.nuhertz.com/filter/FF5_1.exe

(from: http://www.nuhertz.com/download.html )

[quote author="CJ"]Pat, that would be a dream come true!
We would not have to dis assemble anything but the sheet metal.[/quote]

Never thought of that; makes sense though.

[quote author="CJ"]Sometims as soon as you put a soldering iron to a circuit, the owner gives you the ol "it has never sounded he same" rountine :grin: [/quote]

I ain't scer'd...

[quote author="CJ"]We could force a wire thru the inductor core a few tims and get some inductance readings.[/quote]

I'm also interested in what the core composition is, as well as dimensions for the core and wire guage. Then I'd either like to roll my own, or have Magneteka do some for me.

[quote author="CJ"]I can haul up all the stuff from the shop. [/quote]

Sounds like it may be easier for me to bring a unit or two down to the bay. One tube and one solid state....

[quote author="CJ"]I have never seen a pic of the inside of the filter cage, and I have a ton on my site, but the darn netscape editor keeps saving the html to a root dir.
:twisted: :green: :twisted:[/quote]

I've never seen pictures either, what are the chances of getting those to work. Could you send them to me?

Hit up my email [email protected] with some available days, and we can get this rolling...

The v 4 link is killed - its probably "to close" to the newer 5 version...
The v 5 on their website is a trial for 20 days.

[quote author="Whizard"]The v 4 link is killed - its probably "to close" to the newer 5 version...
The v 5 on their website is a trial for 20 days.[/quote]
Hmm, b*strds, 'free' they said. And next to it other stuff that obviously had a limited trail period, so that made the v5 really seem without one.

OK, back to CJ's v3 ! :thumb:

Latest posts

Back