(Yet) another Green Pre finished

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dealanor

Hey All,

It's taken a year, but I finally got my workshop together in my new house, and here she is:

green_front.jpg

green_inside.jpg

Thanks to Peter for making this project available, and finding more boards for me when I went from 2 channels to 4 channels to 8 channels, and all the other other assistance.

Thanks to Matt(a) for getting me into this. It's been a long time since I built something electronic.

Finally thanks to everyone on this board. Even though I haven't posted questions, I've learned a lot reading other peoples posts, and answers to other peoples questions.

I slowed the metering down a bit, because it was a bit jumpy for my tastes, and I've added LEDs to all the switches so you can see if they are on from a distance.

I decided to make my own PSU, because when I went to 8 channels, I needed to fit some bigger heatsinks on the regulators, and I also added 12V for the relays for the polarity inversion (which I had to do since I was now switching an LED too).

The pre sounds great, it's very quiet, and has a very clean sound, I'm very happy, but I don't have a recording space at my new house yet, so proper playing with it will come after that is sorted out.

Later....

Sven

looks great!

(sidenote) i really enjoy it when people post build threads...i'm sure alot of people feel too modest to do so, but its really inspiring to see projects documented as they come to fruition, whether slick or down & dirty.

viva diy!

d

[quote author="electrog"]
(sidenote) i really enjoy it when people post build threads...i'm sure alot of people feel too modest to do so, but its really inspiring to see projects documented as they come to fruition, whether slick or down & dirty.
[/quote]

I agree. In fact I think completed builds should have it's own forum section.

Nice work Sven.

[quote author="Dealanor"]Hey All,

It's taken a year, but I finally got my workshop together in my new house, and here she is:

green_front.jpg

green_inside.jpg

...[/quote]

Hey Sven,

How much to build me one exactly like it? :wink:

Thanks for the comments guys.

As soon as I've finished building my studio, I hope to start another project. I hope it won't take a year this time :grin:

Sven

Latest posts

Back