Moog parametric eq repair

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Redsandblu

Hi,
Anyone here who works on Moog parametrics, and has replacement parts for it? The 'drive' (input gain) control's not working anymore; heard it may be a blown opamp(?).
Seems to be one of the most common issues on these eq's...Anyone's seen these issues before?
Thanks a bunch,
Raf

Raf,

You can not hear the "headroom knobb" work on the Moog parametric and graphic eq, because it is a dual potentiometer that work simultaneous around both input and output amp.
When it rise the input level it also reduce the output level, and reverse.

--Bo

Bo,
I'm well aware that it's a dual pot, and I'm not expecting to hear an apparent level change. But an increasing amount of distortion should be quite obvious...At least on the other one I worked with...It goes from a smooth distortion to an almost over the top fuzz pedal...
thanks

I have the same issue. a Moog MKG seems to be working except I cannot hear any difference when using the Drive control. Maybe even a little dip in level. What would cause this? I replaced all electrolytics and the opamps seem to be okay. Maybe I need to checked each one to be sure.

Hmmm, I recall that a fellow engineer used to use my parametric as a distortion box. IIRC, the circuit has a treble boost on the input and a matching cut on the output as a sort of noise reduction. The result when overdriven was pretty cool.

Sorry I don't know more about the graphic. Maybe if you post the schematic we can compare the two?

Latest posts

Back