DuKane 3A80 Transformers

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tablebeast

I bought four of these DuKane 3A80's the other day and I was wondering if anyone has any info on them? They are Octal plugin transformers. I also have another Octal plug in transformer that I'd like info on, it looks like a Grommes/ Precision Electronics unit and is labeled TL-5. I know the Grommes TL-1 is the mic input tranny and the TL-3 is the output tranny, but what could this TL-5 be? Line in? Thanks in advance for your help, the more info the better.

Jesse

I have some of those Dukanes too. From what I recall they were 150~250 ohms to 600 ohms. I have 10 in a 10 channel solid state mic mixer. CJ disected a dukane 3A55 i believe and posted here about it. He thought it was pretty nice.

So, what is the pinout of these Dukane plug-ins? I imagine they are standardized somehow. If they are 150 to 600 units I was thinking about using them as output transformers for some DIY tube mics. I think the'd be perfect for the job and since I have four I can make a small fleet.

Jesse

Check the pins with an ohm meter. That'll give you an idea of what's connected where, and it should allow you to make a rough guess at impedance.

Yes, the 3A80A is 150/600.

Warning - do not buy Dukane 3A75 transformers unless you hate frequencies below 600 hz.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-10-27 at 3.26.48 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2015-10-27 at 3.26.48 PM.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 35
Back