A&D Research - F 600 RS inside Pics

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
how does it sound? jus got a vocal stressor, but not had a chance to plumb it in yet. have you got a schematic for the 600?

not being rude but does floyd smell abit? my mate has got loads of lizards and all the bigger one seem to have the wierd smell i just can't describe.

toby

Mornin' Chaps,

Soundguy - I wish it was mine :sad: , It's my friends F600 , he's had it for years, he wont part with it for anything, I've tried and tried !
Seriously, it's an absolute peach !
It's ideal for drum ambience mic (U47 fet), you can squash the guts out of things, and it sounds lovely, normally channel 2 , I keep for vocals, basses etc.
Don't know too much about the gardeners' or the other Transformers.
Though it looks like the gardeners are original. the other trannies have definatly been changed.

Yeah Floyd is cool as FxxK :thumb: , She's ten years old, and still there's no stopping the old gal yet !

Toby - I had the schematic for the F600 of Jakob, I'll Try to find it for you.
send me your email and i'll get on to it. Jakobs schematic is for the F600.
The F600 RS , is F600 Rackmounted Stereo. 2 Cards instead of 1.

with regards to smelly lizards :grin: , My little girl could take offence :wink: , No - Just shittin' you, I'm quite lucky in a way,
When i Bought her all them years back, Not knowing what sex she was - gotta wait for a few years to develop :wink:
I was lucky, she turned out to be a female . the males grow nearly twice as big, and are twice as teritorial.
But she's toilet trained, and she lives like a queen.
so as for the smell - I'd have to say she smells of roses :grin:
My Missus won't let her go a week without chucking her in a bath, so i cant really comment about Lizard odour !!!!!

Take it easy,
I'm off labouring for my builder - Its all nearly done !!
Hope were done quick - I want to wet a line this afternoon

Steve :thumb:

P.S. is anyone thinking of doing a clone ?, if so let me know, and if i can help, i will :grin:

this would be a great DIY project.
you can build it without transformers aswell like the old Helios F760s
I had one but I sold it - I should have scanned the boards before - bollox\

I'm sure I can get hold of one to scan. The Vocal Stresser version
these are very cheap to build and they are a great sounding compressor
discrete
sound like the British Urei - can be subtle or squashed
Led Zep Levvie Breaks drum sound :!: :twisted:
come on lets really knock our heads together and sort this one out - it would be quite an easy project

Schematic here:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v172/gyraf/F660.gif

I have a better schematic, but it's .pdf - so not useable for photobucket.

Jakob E.

At least two apparent "mistakes" in the posted schematic:
f600-typo.gif

The 470 ohm resistor is shorted-out; I don't think it should be. (May be a trim option, but if things are that far out of trim, something is sick.)

The line amp feedback resistor should not connect to the output stage collector. (In fact this will smoke the input transistor.)

Hello Chaps,

Just thought i'd show you some photo's of the guts of a A&D F600RS compressor.

http://usera.imagecave.com/KidSquid/
Steve :thumb:
Is this Chat still active? Also looking for the schematisch of the f600 you postet Long ago. May you can find it anywhere to Pass me. Got one of the early Units but with a Stolen/lost Card, so Gotta rebuild IT. But ist hard to find.
Hopefully anyone ready this

Back