Calibrating Attack settings w/1176LN

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RecTeach

I know there are like three "wheels" on the logic board of the 1176. I think one of them calibrates the meter now that I think about it... Anyway, does one of these calibrate and allow you to change the attack time? Either mine is set to it's slowest setting or something is wrong. The release seems to be working just fine but the attack doesn't seem to do much. It's audible but just barely.

Thanks in advance!

I don't have one yet, but this question was asked before and the answer was that the 1176 is inherently so fast that it is only adjustable from fast to superfast..

But maybe yours is even more limited in attack range, let's hear what others have to say.

Cheers,
hejsan

hejsan is right. I built my second one during one of our "Bob The Builder" weekends here in Denmark and as he put it:"The 1176 goes from "really fast" to "ridiculous"!" Hehehehe :green:

However you CAN hear difference if it's working correctly. Try it out on a snare drum. On the fastest setting the 1176 can amputate many snares and kill the most of the transients completely. (Remember that the fastest setting is fully clockwise!) Turing the knob counter clockwise will enable you to let transients slip through and get the old "snapped rubberband" sound out of it.

How does that work on yours? If it doesn't change at all then there could be something wrong in the circuit.

The 1176 is quite a special piece of equipment and if you're used to working with mid quality compressors then it takes a little getting used to listening to a compressor that effective.

if you are looking at the front of the unit with the top off which "knob" is it?

Remember now, this is an original so I don't know if that is any different.

I think you're partly talking about the trimmers inside on the PCB and partly not really reading these answers. In short:

No, none of the trimmers will affect the attack or release time.

Latest posts

Back