G7 parts... 1G resistor?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I bought a 1/4w at Digikey. Item # MOX200J-1000ME-ND. The bad news: they've doubled in price in the last six months. :?:

the pin out is a bit big(assuming your using the pcb for this project) but you can probably get those to work for you. these are about 3.50 a piece from mouser and fit well.
mouser part # 588-mox-200001007je
when my g7 is up and running i'm planning on posting a parts list. the ones in the metas are dead. i'm ready to finish . unfortunatly i called k&k for the lundahl transformers and they are back ordered till the end of march. he sold the last one the day befor i called !! good luck with your build.

Thanks for the replies!
Do these guys have a sonic impact on this mic? Is there any reason to go with the mouser over the digikey one?
thanks again.... and I look forward to the parts list if you get to post it.

Mouser and Digikey carry the same part. The 1G MiniMox MOX200.
They're the size of a typical 1/4w, for what it's worth.
Mouser is now in the $6 range also, so it probably depends what
else you need to order and who has it. What makes a 1/4w
resistor $6?!

Dave

thanks again, guys! so... while we're at it, assuming that price is not an issue, what capsule would you put in this that would sound most like a U47? Is Peluso the way to go?

the resistors will sound exactly the same. they are the same part just different part numbers at different didtributors. i guess the price has gone up since i bought mine.
you can get some general opinions about capsules in the metas.

Back