Need schematic for Spectra Sonics IM-5 and IM-6

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hejsan

Like the topic says, I need schematic for Spectra Sonics IM-5 and IM-6.

Anyone know where I could get it?

Thanks a bunch,
hejsan

What do you need to know about it?

From what I gather it is a just a passive eq fliter with 2 makeup gain boards, either 101's or 110's if it is bi-polar.

I don't have a schematic but am familar with the pin outs of the cards so I can try and help.

Cheers

Matt

Hey, I had given up hope for a reply so I didn't see yours.

I have 2 of each, IM-5 and IM-6.

They're not purely passive, I believe the eq section is in the feedback path of one of the 101 boards, and the other 101 is used for input gain.

so you have the pinout for the modules or just the 101 cards?

Anyway, both would be helpfull.
Thanks,
hejsan

Yes the EQ's are passive inductor based, but use the 101 for make-up gain.

I have the pin outs for the 101 and 110 cards and some info on the EQ modules, not sure if the pins out are with them will have to dig em out. Can you tell me which EQ modules they use?

Cheers

Matt

hejsan,

I have the IM-6 Module. I have been struggling with getting it up and running too. perhaps we can all work together and figure it out.

here is what I have figured out so far.

the pinout on the back of the unit goes as follows.

1. Mic input -
2. Mic input +
3. Line input -
4. Line input +
5. Ground 1 (this ground is the main ground in the unit with the exception of the output of card 2, and the echo level, which we don't use)
6. Output + card 1
7. Input + card 2 (this actually goes to the fader first, if your unit still has the fader wires connected, it will be at the bottom of the Auditronics board a three conductor wire, one red, one black, one clear. hooke the clear one to the wiper of a 600ohm or higher audio pot, and the black and red to the other terminals... I don't recall which wire goes to which terminal in order to make the travel right. but you got a 50/50 chance so.. thats not bad)
8. +24V DC
11. pins 9-13 all deal with the echo level, and the pre listen button.
14. Output + of Card 2
15. Ground 2 (this is the ground for the output of card 2.)
There is a ceramic capacitor that goes from ground 2 to Ground 1. and there is also a 5k resistor that goes from the Ouput + of card 2 to ground 2.

I have been only able to use the unit succesfully if I only use the 1st card. I can't figure out how to wire the second card in.

Card one is on the component side of the Auditronics board, and does the initial amplifying, this is the card that has the EQ in its feeback circuit.
Card two has a 10.7k resistor in the feedback circuit giving it an overall gain of 40db.

what I have found is this. if I connect pins 6&7 (the output of card one and input of card 2), and If I connect the ground 1 to ground 2 I got a signal out of the unit, but it had an awful hum.
I have not been able to get any further than that.

what do you guys think?

Matt, thanks so much for all the Spectra sonics info you've provided on this forum, I would'nt have been able to figure out as much as I have with out your help.

-hangman

to make things clear too, the EQ is in the Feedback path of the 101 card.
and while it is more or less passive, it really wouldnt function properly outside of the feedback path.

so as we know, the higher the impedance of the feedback loop, the higher the overall gain.

So, as I understand it, the Eq circuit more or less allows you to make the impedence of the feedback circuit variable by frequency. allowing you to increase or decrease the impedance at your selected freqency points.
effectively increasing or decreasing the gain at those freqencies.

-hangman

Matt,

hey I seem to recall you having some strange Grounding issues with your experiments with the 101 cards. what was the problem that you were having and what was the solution that you came up with?

-hangman

Hi.
I haven't yet worked on my modules, it's weird that no one seems to have schematics of these things.

Isn't spectra sonics still in buisness though, making something totally different?

cool. I've heard they are still in buisness. I have tried calling their aviation business, but always seem to call a little too late, or early. I'm gonna keep trying, and when I get a hold of them, hopefully they will be willing to sell a copy of the schematic, or give me a good idea as to how I should hook these channels up. I'l keep you posted. It is strange how little information there is about these things. they're really great units.

cheers

Back