LA2A PCB ver 2.0 build thread

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Question regarding meter.. please anyone.

Im sending a signal to the compressor, showing 0db at output mode.
Then, if I compress it 5 dbs shown on GR mode, on +4 it shows 2.5db output.... it should be equal.. shouldnt be it?
Now.. if I compress 10db... it outputs 5db......20--->10... its proportional

Is this normal??

What do you mean by "hinge"? Sorry, my english is not 100% great hehe
Could u explain a bit more please?

The originals as well as the new reissues have a hinged front. (like a door) ....tiene una bisagra como una puerta...

Does anyone have the drip_opto_manual.pdf ? The lomayesva.com link doesn't seem to work anymore. Would be thrilling to get to build an LA2A now that I'm almost finished with my first DIY SSL compressor :)

-Jole

Hi Guys,

Just finished my LA2a (Drip 2.0) today.  It doesn't smoke, passes audio and even compresses, but...

The VU (Sifam AL29) does not work in gain reduction mode.  (seems work OK in +4 mode)  The neon lights up and I can adjust the needle to 0dB but it doesn't move.

Any clues? 

Thanks!
G

Hi,

i'm about to solder my Opto 3 board and got a question concerning the orientation of the trim potis for stereo adjustment and limiter response:
I'm wondering, why this trim potis are orientated the way the manual shows...Why doesn't the "3" labelled on the potis have to be align with the "3" labelled at the PCB? (see attachment)

In case of the zero adjustment poti it is...

Is this an error in the manual or is it correct this way?

I've got other trim potis than the manual/Bom lists and my trim potis are labelled with "1-2-3"...so do i also have to turn the potis of stereo adjustment and limiter response in a  way that the "3" of the potis is align with the "1" at the PCB?

Best regards

Daniel

Attachments

• StereoAdjust_LimiterResponse.JPG
    StereoAdjust_LimiterResponse.JPG
    85.2 KB · Views: 28
basementmedia said:
Hi,

i'm about to solder my Opto 3 board and got a question concerning the orientation of the trim potis for stereo adjustment and limiter response:
I'm wondering, why this trim potis are orientated the way the manual shows...Why doesn't the "3" labelled on the potis have to be align with the "3" labelled at the PCB? (see attachment)

In case of the zero adjustment poti it is...

Is this an error in the manual or is it correct this way?

I've got other trim potis than the manual/Bom lists and my trim potis are labelled with "1-2-3"...so do i also have to turn the potis of stereo adjustment and limiter response in a  way that the "3" of the potis is align with the "1" at the PCB?

Best regards

Daniel
I had problems with that area that caused my unit to play up when I finished building it. This could be an area that you should investigate if you have issues with your unit when you turn it on. I rewired mine backwards and adjusted the zero adjust pot to help me resolve a VU metering issue. Took a while to find out that it was a cause of an issue.

Hi,

sorr, my english is not so good.
do you mean that i should solder it by default as shown in the manual (which means that the "3" pin is align to the "1" marking of the PCB) or otherwise?

best regards

Daniel

I may be wrong it's been a little while since I built mine but...

Pin 2 of the trimmer (or pot) is the wiper.  This is the important connection, the other two are interchangeable.  The only difference will be  which way you turn the pot to adjust.  For example if you had a volume knob and switched pin 1 and 3 connections "turning it down" would increase the volume. 

If you compare the data sheet of your trimmer to the schematic, and then trace that on the PCB you'll be fine

Hi guys,  simple questions.... What is the better LA-2 PCB (or what are the better option to choose), And Where I can buy????  Maybe are a PCB for two LA-2         
Is the Drip electronis the only dealer???

thanks
regards and happy new year
Juanjo..

juanjovincenzo said:
Hi guys,  simple questions.... What is the better LA-2 PCB (or what are the better option to choose), And Where I can buy????  Maybe are a PCB for two LA-2           
Is the Drip electronis the only dealer???

thanks
regards and happy new year
Juanjo..
I heard a friends Drip La2a with Sowter transformers and I can say that this unit sounds excellent! It's pretty quiet compared to my P2P La2a. Though the difference probably is due to the original transformers versus the Sowter ones in the Drip La2a.

We use the Drip La2a to track and the Point to point La2a to mix with.

Quiet as in less noise than the P2P, or just lower output due to lower ratio input iron??  Just curious, thanks.

ben

bdubya said:
Quiet as in less noise than the P2P, or just lower output due to lower ratio input iron??  Just curious, thanks.

ben
Less hiss and hum.

Here is Kayacosta's diagram for the point to point.
la2alayout.jpg

Hello everybody,

I resurrect this thread because I bought a pcb VER2.0
I am looking for all the documentation possible to build this compressor

Thanks for all
Kind regards,

Pascal

Hi All,
Im sending a signal to the compressor, not signal on output ...
The signal pass until C2, not after ???
Anyone have idea ?
Thanks a lot
Cheers,
Pascal

Attachments

• la2a.jpg
    la2a.jpg
    259.7 KB · Views: 18

Latest posts

Back