MC76 Parts order

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm still waiting for my order also. :sad:

I'm pretty excited to get this kit. I have ALL my parts, faceplate made, chassis is drilled & ready.

Andrew said it would be up to 6 weeks... right now it's been a little over 5 weeks... so hopfully it's on it's way.

The thing that bugs me is the phone # on the Purple Audio site doesn't work & I can't seem to get a response to my emails :mad: I am aware that he JUST moved his shop but a simple responce with the status of my order would be nice :green:

Kevin

if anyone was thinking about contacting me about their order, please don't. i can't help you.

i visited andrew in his new shop in weissport earlier this week, and assembled some mc77s for him. he is getting set up and has a large backlog of orders to take care of, including many kit and random parts orders.

i know that many people who ordered kits in october or even earlier last year are still waiting for output transformers etc, so it is not a surprise that more recent orders haven't yet been filled.

the phone number does work, but there is no one to answer except andrew, who is frequently out or too busy to pick up the phone. he hasn't recorded an outgoing message for the voicemail, but i know he is listening to the messages that people leave.

andrew thinks he can do anything, and he isn't the greatest communicator. he has a lot of sympathy for DIYers, and wants to help people by supplying the kit (which is MUCH more of a money loser than a money maker). please understand that if you have ordered from him, he WILL deliver the goods, but they may be (probably) later than you want. if you call or email him, he will get the message, but he may not respond. a quick phonecall or email may sound like it wouldn't be a big deal, but multiply that by several hundred, and add in trying to move and run a business entirely by yourself, and hopefully you can understand why you don't get a reply.

sorry to everyone if the wait is longer than expected. please have patience.

ed

Thanks Ed :thumb:

October :shock: That's is a long time.

a quick phonecall or email may sound like it wouldn't be a big deal, but multiply that by several hundred, and add in trying to move and run a business entirely by yourself, and hopefully you can understand why you don't get a reply.
That makes sense.

Kevin

Hey Ed,

I have problems with getting the compression to work on both of my MC76 DIY Purples.
Is there any chance you could help and join in? I am sure you know this compressor back and forth.

It's all in this thread here

Weissport, is that out on the Island? Oh wait, Google says it's in PA. Yow!

Did the yuppies/trust-funders price him out of LIC? No place that's within a few minutes' commute of Manhattan is safe for the workin' man anymore. :?

Seems that there's movement, I got the email to confirm my outstanding parts from October are on the way :thumb: I guess this will be the same for others.

[quote author="sintech"]Seems that there's movement, I got the email to confirm my outstanding parts from October are on the way :thumb: I guess this will be the same for others.[/quote]

That's Great News !!! :thumb:

Back