check out my work that I just started on

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pucho812

This is a work in progress as I just got all the parts and am starting to build... Fueled by
IMG_0300copy.jpg

I had to see what it would look like with the from panel and knobs... Putting it together with turret board...
Tubes being used are 3 X 12ax7's, 1 X 5y3, and for power tubes 2 X 6973

here is the front.
IMG_0316copy.jpg

I will post the insides once I finish the head...

A "bass" "treble" AND "tone" ...hmmm, that's raised my curiosity.

I brought my Matchless Spitfire clone (with some tweaks in the tonestack) into the music shop the other day to let some guys try it out. A bigwig guitar player came in and tried like 10 amps in the store and then for kicks tried mine. I was in the back working on some amps. He played it for over 20 minutes, and said it was the best sounding amp in the store! :cool:
I had to agree. :green:

Now if I could only make it look pretty...

[quote author="pucho812"]Bass and treble holes are for 1/4 Jacks on each channel that were not put in upon photo being taken...[/quote]

Ah, of course. Cool! Wanna share the schematic? :cool:

Yes. Sharing schematics is all good but will need to wait till I finish the build. bass and treble inputs :thumb: This is my first build with 6973's and there are no subs available according to my research. I did notice there was one amp that I know of that used them and always loved the sound so had to try them out.

[quote author="pucho812"]This is my first build with 6973's and there are no subs available according to my research. [/quote]

Many Valco made amps (Supro, Gretsch, Harmony, Airline and others) used 6973. Some old Fisher hi-fi gear too. I think I've used a 6CZ5 it their place, but I seem to remember a difference with the suppressor grid wiring or something, that may or may not matter, depending on how the sockets are wired.

good to know.. All day long working on it and I finished my turret board layout.

Overall Nice job on my end.
IMG_0320copy.jpg

Now will come the fun part. I got oldskool cloth wiring that is covered in wax that i'm gonna use on this baby. Hayboer trafos on the PSU and output. Wanted to go mercury but too much $$ Heyboers are as good sonicly as mercury and less $$

Thats a 24Watt ! S*u*P*R*o

From Ken Watts

Pucho Man -- I built that thing -- YOU are gonna Love IT!!!!!

It sounds amazing! Been doing business with Ken for a while now great Guy! The 24Watt is the one on the Top, (bottom is a 2x12 Cabinet only)

Supro.jpg

That looks good! :guinness: :guinness: I have a guild thunerbass that used to have 6973 output tubes. Nice board. I have just finished converting a carvin amp.

I can not tell a Lie. Yes it is... Needed an amp for studio work with a band I am about to record. After much searching and on limited time that was the way to go... :thumb:

Back