PICTURE: DBX 119...

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks sysmofyt! If you have any 117/119 mod info that you have written down, please email it to me. I'm thinking, to be more specific, about what opamps you used and what mods you did to the release structure and gain make-up circuit. I'm pretty new to this whole DIY game although I do understand quite a bit and I'm learning tons more every day thanks to all of the great people here at "The Lab"...

Go Denmark!!!

I will draw up a new schematic, but you can figure it out from the manual, really.

You can easily find the cap in the release circuit, just mess around with different values. You can make it feedback if you move the sidechain inputs to the outputs of the LM301. The unit NEEDs a new/decent +/-15V PSU, 'cause the original one sucks donkeyballs. It's unregulated/unfiltered :roll:

As far as gain makeup, just use a 10-47kOhm pot and any decent 10-20dB line amp.

Opamps. Try searching r.a.p on Google. Preben Friis (another dane and member here I think) did some BB swapping I think.

I prefer the bad, ugly, lowtech LM301s, 'cause I _like_ that sound. In this circuit.

gyraf said:
sismofyt,

Welcome here!

Do you by any chance have info on these wierd VCA's used here?

Jakob E.

btw: Great hometown, isn't it?  :razz:

Hi Jakob,

Old thread I know!!! Hope you are still following it.  :)
I was wondering if you ever tried to use these VCAs with your GSSL pcbs....
I'm tempted to try it out.
Do you think it would require some modifications??
Cheers,

M

Hi M,

Sorry, never tried it in that circuit (actually barely ever used that circuit)

Perhaps you should look closer into expected currents and such, see if it computes at all? I'm not sure they are in the same range..

/Jakob E.

Latest posts

Back