Help -> changing gain range on EQ?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tubefreak

Hi Folks,

For EQ'ing 2bus I use a Klark Teknik DN-410 EQ. I really like how it sounds and operates. But.... I only boost/cut 4dB at maximum, while the range goes from -25dB to +15dB.

Precise settings are hard with this wide range and would like to change this to aprox -5dB and +5dB at maximum. Already contacted Klark Tekniks tech support, they would look at it, but haven't heard from them since.

So I was hoping one of you could direct me in the right direction. In the manual of the DN410 is a schematic of the EQ on pag 9. Would changing resistors R1 and R2 be the solution? If so, I could see what value they are now, by opening the unit, in order to calculate their new values. Or do I need to replace the pots (VR1)?

Your help is much appreciated!
Maarten van Helden

ps here's the link to the manual.
http://www.klarkteknik.com/downloads/manuals/DN410-manual.zip

pps modding/desoldering by itself is not a problem for me, done it many times before.

That schematic is hard to follow!

Its hard to tell without any schematic values, but if you are changing R1 on IC1B (page 9) I would guess that this will get you where you are going. If not that value then perhaps R4.

Maybe someone more familiar with this EQ will be able to offer more specific advice. But I don't think you will blow up anything permanent by poking around in there.

HTH!
Charlie

Back