DBX c1252h2 VCA's for SSL Clone?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

underthebigtree

Has anyone confirmed that the chips that Verbos is selling will work properly in the SSL clone? I'd like to buy 'em, but am interested to see if anyone has tried them yet...

I use them and they seem to work. I solved the hum problem also, but that's another thread.

/Anders

No sarcasm at all. Under the big tree is an album I made about 7 years ago, and is the URL of my musical website - it has become my handle on tapeop, groupDIY (only 1 posting here, but many on the old site), etc.

http://www.underthebigtree.com

I am curious why you asked...

Ah, I see. Well, I can change my handle, but I like it!

I can assure you that any resemblance between Bigtree and underthebigtree is purely unintentional. I'm just a Hammond-playing, sound designing, tube-loving, 2" tape wielding analog recording junkie and composer living in the San Francisco Bay Area. I've built a pair of DIY LA2A's, a Theremin, a PAIA synth thingy, and rebuilt a mid-50's Hammond C3 from the ground up. My last project was ripping the amplifier and faceplate out of a late 40's Ampex 300, rebuilding the amp, and turning it into a line amp tube distorto-colorizer. Now I'm working on a quad version of the SSL clone (two clones in one 3RU rack box).

Oh, and I tend not to be a dick most of the time. At least that's what people tell me.

If this sounds like the other guy, I think I'm in trouble. Hopefully not.

:green:

underthebigtree, might as well keep your name, we know you arent the other guy, there are no spelling mistakes in your posts...

dave

Back