So I have access to a factory....

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

antiguru

Where they make products for a company... lets call it the Poland company. I made up some snakes for a guy who works there and he's offered me access to the Poland electronic components catalog.

What does Poland make that would be worth getting cheap parts from for projects? I'm going to try and stock up before he changes his mind.

Brief list that went through my head:
-Toroidal transformers
-Pedal Housings
-Knobs
-Power switches and toggles.
-Guitar amp speakers.
-Resistors.

I already asked about capacitors and they are a no-name proprietary so I figure no way.

Any other ideas?

thanks!

Smaller items are marked up more usually... From basic PSUs on down to connectors.

All kinds of pots - dual ganged, single ganged, all sizes. Stepped rotary switches.

Torroidals for +/-15 and 48v PSU if you can snag 'em

Speakers and Pedals for sure.

Good FETs by the reel

A giant reel of good cable.

That's just my 2 cents.

> What does Poland make that would be worth getting cheap parts from for projects?

Nothing.

The Rolla complete boxes are good stuff for some uses. Go to Banjo Center sales or haunt eBay.

The parts inside them are pretty ordinary. And mass production and distribution means you can buy the whole box for less than the cost of the parts, even with employee discounting. Transformers, switches, resistors... what Rolund uses is stuff you can buy cheap new and surplus. Pedal housing, yeah, that's kewl if you are into building pedals and can't find enough dead pedals laying around for recycling. Speakers are always interesting but I never heard anybody rave about Rollap speakers, and many of them may be quite dull without the amplifier designed for them.

Do they have any vu meters? There was a sale of Bringer vu meters awhile back. I don't know what they were used for, but it looked like a successful sale. And they are small and not heavy.

[quote author="walter"]Do they have any vu meters?[/quote]

I dont think they do, no.

And thanks PRR for the perspective.

I think I might grab some knobs, toroids, pedal cases, and maybe a jazz chorus for the GF.

Too bad he didnt work for Radial! ;)

Hi Antiguru;
since you did not answer my e-mail about your friend, I suppose you are going to sell the stuff.
What can you offer, and what are your prices?

haha whoa, I'm not selling anything. I was just looking for advice on what to grab for myself. If i was ever to do that I'd probably post in the black market.

[quote author="antiguru"]haha whoa, I'm not selling anything. I was just looking for advice on what to grab for myself. If i was ever to do that I'd probably post in the black market.[/quote]

Can they make tube output transformers?

Latest posts

Back