BFE Filtek DV1175 summing amp info?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i have some info on neumann v475, also a summing amp with obviously quite similar topology. i suppose most of the "later" summing amps like v475, filtek, lawo v975, delta... etc. have "zero ohms" summing topology, so it may also apply for your unit. zero ohms means a very low i/p impedance, convenient for summing lots of sources (100 or more) together. gain is set by external series resistors (5k8 with v475 for unity gain IIRC), maybe an external feedback R in some cases.

a neumann service tech once told me that the i/p xformers were especially designed for 0 ohms circuits and don't work well in other applications. the o/p trannies might be more universal, turns ratio probably something in the 1:1 region.

but watch out! i once bought a later lawo line amp, the trannies of which i was going to bastardize, only to find out that they were actually "ACTIVE" xformers!! - after removing them from the board & some dissection, an active circuit with a driver IC appeared inside the trannie housing, with the actual transformer being much smaller =(((

HTH,
volker

I have one of these as well. Kubi had a datasheet/schematic on it somewhere.

EDIT:

Here: http://audio.kubarth.com/rundfunk/getfile.cgi?f=%3E%2C3%24W-%234Y.3%3CY-5%5DR97-T%2BT%29%2615%5D%245C%24Q-S4N%3C%261F%0A

I'm also after this info and the above link appears to be dead now.
If anyone has the schematic or pinout diagram it would be amazing :D

Latest posts

Back