panel Idea for fixing silk screen what do you think guys?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pucho812

I had this thought the other day and wondering where one could go to scan a to 100% scale copy of front panel. you know take the front off and scan it into photo shop. I keep thinking Kinkos( US copy and print chain), but walking in with a hunk of metal and going scan this to size would look weird. PLus the wound probably have to copy it to size first as that seems to be their game. The idea being once scanned one could fix any silk screening mishaps fix the lettering coming off from not clear coating or whatever, then print the image back onto nice glossy photo paper. Laminate the paper for protection and cut out. the cut out the holes for the pots glue it into place over the old one and put back together or just mount and put back together. does this sound too weird, overkill, won't work or bad idea?

On the pimping the G.R. quad thread , the dual unit

http://www.groupdiy.com/index.php?topic=21462

Picture066-1.jpg

i basicaly did just that lazer printing onto a plastic type paper with adhesive backing and that part went well , however when installing the controls the nuts would twist the protective clear and cause wrinkles , so perhaps make those holes wider although you may then twist the bottom layer , Watch out !

Also for a 1ru space you can print from corner to corner for getting it on
one sheet & peice

regards Greg

If you are doing volume, go to a pro, pay for the screen,
and get 10 or 100 or whatever quantity you feel cool about.
Silk screen is a dying art, and the remaining are hungry.

you can arrange to own the screen.

:thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Don't put out a piece of crap.
The customer never forgets.
News travels fast.

Take your time, do it right the first time, otherwise, you don't have a chance.
You will have to change your name and start over.

Beta beta beta.

If it's good the first time, the orders will roll in.

Play the hell out of it.
Plug it into 220 and see how long it lasts.

Then beef it up.

I know you think I'm a freak, but you are suppoesed to.
Thats your job.
:grin:

Back