DIY SSL 9K Power Supply Problem....

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PTMIX

Guys,

Hooked up my SSL 9K Preamp power supply to bench test and have one problem.. wondering if Keith, or someone that did this project could help..

all parts are correct and in the right position.. +48 and +18 tested fine.. -18 tho is reading around -28 on my DMM... wondering if i have a bad LM7918 or what??

any ideas?

Thanks in advance,

~J~

Search a bit and you'll find that the negative reglator often over-reads until it sees a load. I'll bet you were measuring it with no load connected, -right?

Keith

[quote author="SSLtech"] I'll bet you were measuring it with no load connected, -right?[/quote]

Oh spot on... Yeah no load @ all... You think it's safe to hookup to main board cards tho?? Can't wait to test these bad boys on some BGV's.. Pix coming soon fo sho!!

Thanks so much KEITH, and MILK....

~J~

Go ahead measure the resistance across the rails in the main board. If it's not showing a short, go ahead and fire it up.

Or just strap a 1kΩ resistor across it and measure it again... I 'betcha-by-golly-wow' that you'll have the right number magically appear. :wink:

-Then connect it to the circuit and off you go!

Keith

Keith,

Put a load on the -18, and guess what...... well yeah, u guessed it..

:oops: while "bowing down"....

:wink: ::YOU GUYS ROCK::

Thanks Keith & Everybody else for your superior knowledge.....

~J~

Latest posts

Back