Oh Dear God, Midiverb 1 power supply hell. 16v CT Question

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
T

tubejay

So I bought some gear online from a guy who completely misrepresented what he had. At any rate, I got several pieces of gear that're missing power supplies etc...

One of them is an original Midiverb. I'm guessing it's probably not even worth my time, I should just ebay it as is and be done with it. Anyway, maybe someone here has a quick and easy solution to the problem. The Midiverb has no power supply, and it requires a bizarre 16V CT Power supply. Meaning it's got a center tap and a strange 3 prong connector. I'd be happy to just take the connector off and solder in a new ac adapter, but I can't find a 16V center tapped AC adapter.

Does anyone have any ideas on what I can do that would be cheap, easy, and practical? :green:

It's probably just a center tapped 32VAC transformer. Why don't you contact Alesis and see if they can supply you with one. The other alternative is to open it up, see what kind of power supply circuit they are using - probably a full wave split supply to provide +/- 15 volt regulated rails. You could use an off the shelf 32VAC center tap transformer if this is the case.

[quote author="BYacey"]It's probably just a center tapped 32VAC transformer. Why don't you contact Alesis and see if they can supply you with one. The other alternative is to open it up, see what kind of power supply circuit they are using - probably a full wave split supply to provide +/- 15 volt regulated rails. You could use an off the shelf 32VAC center tap transformer if this is the case.[/quote]

I tried alesis, they don't make it anymore, and they have no stock of them, and no intention to get more. I belive it's a 8-0-8 supply that's needed. It's probably not worth it to mess with a getting a transformer, and having to build a housing for it etc...

Does anyone have an old midiverb supply lying around they'd sell me for $10? :razz:

My buddy just brought one of those original midiverbs over a couple weeks ago. It's surprisingly good. Definitely usable. I say fix it and use it.

Matt

Jay, Skycraft has a few around $10 each if you want me to send one to you.

I'll wrap it very carefully in left-wing propaganda tracts, and include a free democrat video called "how to murder babies and make gay friends" if you like! :wink:

Seriously, let me know and I'll pack one and ship it to ya.

-Or how much for the Midiverb and I'll take it off your hands... Either way works!

Keith

Keef, wasn't the video actually called "How to murder friends and make gay babies?"

At least that's the one they were handing out at my last secular humanist Democrat commie pinko labor union gay lesbian pride rally (and penny social).

:razz:

[quote author="Eric Best"]run it on two 9v batteries![/quote]
Brilliant.

-Now if you can just point Jay or myself to a place where we can purchase 60Hz AC batteries, we'd be most grateful! :roll:

:wink:

Keef

Actually, DC will go thru a bridge.
We do it all the time here at work.

"Pwr Supp: 24 Volts - AC or DC"

You lose a couple of volts due to Si drop.

Anybody need a diagram, or can you see the electrons taking their one sided path in your head?

Dass the troof,

But they (Alesis) often do some multiplier-ey tricks, and for that, you need AC.

I don't know for sure that they do multiply here, but AC is cheap...

Torque is cheap.

Keef

Latest posts

Back