Kubi's T4's

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CJ

GDIY Supporter
These are a pair (obviously) of Stereo T4's that I made for Kubi.
I am way late, so, I decided, that after finding four flat tires on my Saturn this morning, and a nasty note from the KGB, (Kubi is way too smart to use his own people, stuff like this you farm out to a sub contractor. but I didn't know that he knew Marik), I figured I better get my ass in gear and "Get er done" as Tony Stewart likes to say.

I figure if I make a big thing out of it by starting a new thread, it will take some of the heat off, because my momma didn raise no fool.

Original UREI cans and don't ask me where they came from, Ask Bluebird, who has long since flown away.

This is the first and last stereo pair I will ever do.

You need 7 zillion cells to properly match four.

Good luck.

Enjoy your perfect imaging while you can, because it's probably gonna drift.

kubi_t4.jpg

Tip of the Day:
Whenevr you receive a T4 in the mail, take the lid off and check the cells.
They are only supported by the leads, and if they have a bumpy ride, they will shift around a bit.
This will undo any matching that you do.
The cells will recieve different amounts of light, depending on their angle and distance from the EL panel.

I have seen T4's with the cells hanging a 1/4 inch from where they should be, after shipping, completely different sound, completely whacked out metering.

I bet there are a bunch of them out there right now, that are a danglin.

I got some ideas for those very problems and I just order some stuff to play around with it. Once I got something I let you guys have a lookse..

Back