Amp Optimize

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Soeren_DK

I have this Traynor YVC-40 40watts guitar combo who needs a little optimize. The bright and soft sound in the amp is killing me and I search for a little more dirty sound in it.

The diagram is here.
http://www.mentol.dk/diy/schem/traynor.gif

I have bought new tubes but not jet put them in.
Three 12AX7 Tung-Sol for the preamp stage and two Svetlana 6L6GC for the power stage.

Soeren Sailor

Link didn't work for me.

A pedal in front of it won't do it for ya'? Another option is to mess with the bias until there's enough crossover distortion to cut hardwood. Makes a lead break cut through the mix.

[quote author="mikka"]Link didn't work for me.[/quote]
Weird. It works for me. Do you still have the problem?:?

[quote author="mikka"]A pedal in front of it won't do it for ya'? Another option is to mess with the bias until there's enough crossover distortion to cut hardwood. Makes a lead break cut through the mix.[/quote]

I tried a lot af pedals but nothing works well enought to do it. I have change the speaker and It helped alot but the amp is still to soft. I dont now how to adjust the bias for the tubes?

Soeren Sailor

[quote author="Ptownkid"]Wow, that's wierd. When i worked for yorkville I brought one of those home and was really impressed by how much it rocked...[/quote]
Have you changed the tubes?

Soeren Sailor

Try 3 silicone diodes in parallel with R109 resistor (2 in series in parallel with another going in opposite direction)

1N914 for example.

Edit: R109 resistor

[quote author="Soeren_DK"]Have you changed the tubes?

Soeren Sailor[/quote]

No, it was completely stock, right off the shelf.

Which speakers came in yours?

Latest posts

Back