G1176 pair finished!

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I found some meters on ebay. I haven't used them yet, but they look great and had light built in. There should be some auctions for VU-meters every month. I paid around $14 for two!

Robert

[quote author="Zee1usa"]Maybe Gyraf could add this to the META thread?
Hundreds of finished 1176 pics posted in one thread :shock: [/quote]

..it's been there long now..!

http://www.groupdiy.com/index.php?topic=155

And btw - in the future - please post in the META thread if you think I (or the other meta-keepers) miss important info. That would make updates easy, and add to overview if the keeper is away for some time..

:wink:

Jakob E.

I've got Labs' Gyraf 1176 PCBs... Has anyone built these yet? I'm curious if the ground around the circuit needs to be fixed as I remember people having noise/hum problems with the current layout due to the ground not being thick enough? If so, did you just scrape the solder mask off of the GND and solder a thicker piece of wire around it?

-Jay

Yep, those will probably need the ground reinforcement as well.

In stead of scraping off the solder mask - which would look ugly - simply run a good piece of wire around the board, and solder it to the points where components meets ground, that is, at the ground pads..

Jakob E.

well, my 1176's already got a good workout today....tracking elec guitar and vox. stellar performance!

thanks again, Jakob, for all your hard work on these DIY projects. Your selfless efforts are appreciated by many.....myself included. :)

Ric

TWINS!!

They sound really good on on bass Guitar.
UREI1176LNPAIR1.jpg

UREI1176LNPAIR2.jpg

Jakob/Gyraf, Gustav, Dean, NWSOUNDMAN, WO'B,FUM, KDAWG, NRG/FRANK
and all at the lab.

I am very happy with my new Limiters!

:guinness: :green:

Z

It seems that 1176 compressors always come in pairs. I know I bought two PCBs with the intention of making a pair. :wink:

All of these boxes look fantastic. I hope mine look half as goof when I'm done.

[quote author="Zee1usa"]TWINS!!

Jakob/Gyraf, Gustav, Dean, NWSOUNDMAN, WO'B,FUM, KDAWG, NRG/FRANK
and all at the lab.

I am very happy with my new Limiters!

:guinness: :green:

Z[/quote]

Hey zee may i ask where you got thos knobbies from?
And what is the thinghiebetween the pcb and the toroid?

Knobs I got from WO'B. You can get them new from Buckeye.
The thing between pcb and toroid is my ground block.

:wink: :guinness:

[quote author="Zee1usa"]
The thing between pcb and toroid is my ground block.

:wink: :guinness:[/quote]Explain please. (i am gathering as much as possible info before i build) Is it connected to chassis? Why do you have it? Does it decrease hum?

Another question you have grey cables what are those?

Sorry for the noob questions. I'll buy you a beer if ye get to the netherlands :guinness: :green:

Latest posts

Back