Removing 47R resistor on sidechain vca if using 2180 (gssl)

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok 2 more questions
Is it normal to have the negative voltage at the sidechain vca at -8.5?
Should the 3K9 resistor near the sidechain vca be changed witha 5K1 like the Left and Right vca's ?
Do i have to remove the 10k resitor near the sidechain vca too?

yes i know, and i have +12v on pin 7 but i have -8.5 on pin 5, and i think it's normal cause i read somewhere in the ssl thread that you are not expected to have full negative voltage on the vca, just wanted someone to confirm that.
what i don't understand i why on the signal path vca i have + 15 and -15
( i mean full negative voltage )

Thanks

Hi Hamond , did you find the problem with your -8.5 in the sidechain vca??i've the same problem and have no idea what the problem is...
thx.

I just built one with two side chain filters and the turbo. Just remove R16 on the turbo board and you're good to go.

I'm going to post a pic of this thing. It was a ton of work with the filter boards, which will probably never get used. I was mixing tonight, and am stunned by the turbo board. I had it on the drum buss. It's just a killer.

Hi RedNoise

It's how it should be, if you have -8,5v at the sidechain vca it's all right! :grin:

thanks hammond!!
effectively , but I'm workin with 2181LA vca...so I left them and....-12v!!!!so good!!
now I've to find my problem with the comp fonction..(maybe TL74 or TL72 IIRC)
Oh I was about to forget that I also have to find the hum reason!!
tooooooooooooh!!
Is it normal when I left the hum and buzz on the left out , I got it on the right???and vice versa....
but , thx for your answer Hammond!

Back