Adam Smith 2600 manual needed

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pucho812

Anyone got a manual for an Adam Smith 2600? Trying to program one to use with a studer 827 and a neve VR. The lynx's and lynx II's I am used to working with is way more simple to program.

thanks man. I skimmed through that document before and only found a diagram of who it all hooks up. what I am looking for is pinouts and cordinates so I can tell the 2600 I gots a studer plugged into it and make transport control happening. I would perfer a CCU and a lynx if I had my choice :thumb:

Constant 31 is the pulses per second at 15ips. It's in Hex. You need to set it to 20 (32 in decimal) for an A827 I think. Then you need to check the direction sense in wind to see if the numbers count up or down correctly.

Since Parr Street Studios was sold, I don't have a contact for an SY2600 setup manual any more.

I remember bits

You have to press all 3 switches simultaneously, then it goes into programming mode.

the number ABOVE the bottom 2 digits is the value for the constant number represented by the bottom two digits. Constant numbers (lower row) are decimal, constant values (last two digits of upper row) are HEX. -DO NOT GET CONFUSED!

Of the push buttons, one toggles the lashing cursor round, one increases the value, on decreases the value.

Once you've got it working, you have to pop the top off the unit, then move the slide switch inside the top of the SY2600 module forwards, then I think you press something. This makes the current set of values the default on power up, so that you don't have to do the whole performance every time it gets powered up. (K revision software and later... Anything earlier and you have no way to do this... good luck!!!)

I could do it if I had one in front of me. -Have "mini-D" fly me out there, and I'll make it happen for you. -I'm actually serious! :grin:

Keef

MIni D I like that :twisted: Hmmmm I'll keep that under the hat. :wink: Anyway The studer just got put in... It shouldn't be that dificult. Need to do more hunting but thats a step in the right direction. thanks as always keef :thumb:

Back