ac outlet wiring help

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

josh

Looking through some previous threads I found part of the answer to my question, but I want to be certain I do this correctly, I'm nearing completion of the SSL and I dont want to screw anything else up. :cool:

this...
http://www.digikey.com/scripts/DkSearch/dksus.dll?KeywordSearch
... is the outlet from the ssl BOM.

ACoutlet.png

For USA wiring, I already know that common is labled "N" on the oulet and "B" in my attached picture. Red/Yellow transformer wires go here.

Black/Violet go to hot. But the other two tabs aren't labled the way the post I found here describes.

Post "C" in the picture has no markings.

Post "A" has an "E" as well as an upside down "T" with 2 additional hash marks below it.

"D" in my image has no tabs to solder to, and is labled "L".

Can someone please tell me which is ground, and which is "hot"? How do you know so I can understand too?

Please and thank you. When I finish, I'll post pics and you'll be proud of me, this is going to look way sexy when I'm done.

The reason that there are no solder terminals on "D" is because it's the jumper from the socket to the fuse (the "L" stands for "line"). Thereby "C" is connected to the other side of the fuse, making it (C) hot.

Post "A" is ground, and the

[quote author="josh"]upside down "T" with 2 additional hash marks below it.[/quote]

is the schematic representation for a ground connection. The "E" may stand for "earth".

Latest posts

Back