Confirmed: I will be moving to Port Huron, Michigan

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Consul

Most people here know of my ordeal in moving to take a new job.

That job is not working out, so now I'm looking to move in with my mother and two sisters in Port Huron, Michigan. All in all, this is not a bad move, as it puts me an hour outside of Detroit, and there has to be more happening there than in podunk Montrose, Colorado.

Thus I come to the purpose of this post:

1) Who here is in the Detroit area? The rest of Michigan?
2) Does Detroit have any cool electronics and surplus shops?
3) What's the job market like these days?

Thank you all for being there when it matters. :thumb: :guinness:

I'm here! Haha. What's your line of work? Oakland county is sprawling, I'm sure there is something to be found.

As far as surplus shops, I've never really poked around. I like to shop from the comfort of my desk. Maybe I should look around.

I hope the best for you. Let me know if you want me to look for some type of job for you. Take care.

Cool! That's one DIYer I can bug every once in a while. :green:

I'm an IT engineer, but I don't know what I'll be doing from here, since I dropped the ball big-time on this job. Maybe I can do something part-time while I go back to college.

I still intend to pursue having my own music studio. :thumb:

I live outside Marquette about 9 hours North of you! Welcome to Michigan! Even though it's almost a different state down there.
Jesse :wink:

Ah, a Yooper, eh? :green:

I haven't been to the Upper Penninsula yet. I have been all around the lower half of the lower part of the state, though. Kalamazoo, Detroit, Ann Arbor (a pretty nice place), etc.

Michigan is a very pretty state.

Darn Consul! Sorry to here your life is being rewired again.
Don't stress. Everbody has crap they have to deal with. It can get heavy at times, but you have our support!
cj

Oh, and I've been to Lansing, too. :razz:

Well, it's good to see I'll be in good company when I finally arrive. That should be sometime in the middle of next week.

Yeah, the UP is like a different country I think. I'm from northern Wisconsin, and while we certainly have a defined accent, the UP takes it to a new level. It's like that back woods there, hey? The Pastie's and Kudage's are good, yah?

I love the UP, it's just kind of a funny, and weird place. It kind of reminds me of Twin Peaks or something...

Welcome back to the midwest Consul!

My friend A.J. Filizetti was from Gwinn. When he met people from the lower peninsula he would convince them he had never seen toilet paper. He also would say that carpet was new up there. Big funny kid that one.

I should be there at about the end of next week. No later than that, anyway. I have some business to resolve in Colorado Springs first, which will take part of next week.

hey consul,

i think there at least a few of us on here that are from columbus, ohio.
thats not too far from detroit. ann arbor is at least close enough for ohio state fans to hate michigan fans.

ryan

Latest posts

Back