RUDE microphones

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I spoke with those guys at Summer NAMM and from what I can tell, it?s just the old generic SE Electronics line. Not bad mics actually, but of course they could use modifications or rebuilding. I like their looks better than any other Chinese mic.

I believe SE is still selling some of these as well, but for the most part they?re building their own now.

It depends on what capsule is in it, is it 32mm or 34mm? Brass ring or plastic ring? 3 or 6 micron? etc. What is the grill like? how open and how many layers of mesh?

[quote author="Consul"]...They just might make great fodder for mods and rebuilds.[/quote]I don't know about the capsules, though. The only spec I can find is "1.07" (27.2mm), so I doubt they are 797 capsules.

You can always buy and mount a different capsule. :wink:

Of course, then all you're using is the enclosure, and is even a nice enclosure worth $130? I don't know. Seeing as some people are commanding $1000 for Neumann clone enclosures, $130 doesn't seem that bad.

heheeh, I just bought this http://www.netzmarkt.de/thomann/thoiw5_artikel-167155.html
mic. I´m gonna have it in my bookshelf in my livingroom..... Beautiful design.... =))

I heard they where related to Rude......?

That is a pretty mic. :)

You know, it probably wouldn't be too hard to fabricate a case like that. IIRC, you can buy square conduit at local hardware/home improvement stores. Or just stuff everything into a project box.

how much room is in those tbone mics? i was gonna buy a pair to build tube mics? i know there is room for a ecc wahtever cos the make a tube version but is there room for an octal socket?

toby

[quote author="Lindell"]heheeh, I just bought this http://www.netzmarkt.de/thomann/thoiw5_artikel-167155.html
mic. I´m gonna have it in my bookshelf in my livingroom..... Beautiful design.... =))[/quote]

Wow, That mic is awesome... looking. I just hate mics that look like they cost $199. Recording can be all about vibe and mojo, So if your client feels like he is using a really expensive Übermic they will usually perform better, making a better record.

As for the RUDE mics I think I'm gonna just buy the MultiFET and not mess with it. After all it's only $25 more than my NT1 was. I'll probabily buy a one or two of their $139 mics and completely gut it and just use the shell for a G7. To me they look way better than the cheapo MXL, etc, Worth the extra cash.

I wonder if Neumann has seen the RA-03 model? The grill looks alot like a neumann I have read that neumann has a trademark on the grill design. I don't understand how, I would think it should be a design patent. I don't think neumann designed that grill style the IRT? designed it and neumann built the u49 if what I have been reading is true.(edit page 82 of the AES book "Microphones" Collaboration with Acoustics Lab of the Nordwestdeutsche Rundfunk")

The web site does not have alot of information and you can't see the capsule design clearly, this could be the picture or maybe the grill is restrictive?

Latest posts

Back