MCI..500..allmost done

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

roginator

about 16 months ago I started to work on totally demaged MCI 536...I did some job and soon it will be all together one big bad desk

I cleaned, recaped moules, changed all Ic sockets, repaint fader knobs, changed 80% of switches, changed ICs, cleaned all fader and modules, changed all tantals, and re caped PSUs....

everything is pimped and boosted...
and now I need some help..I need VCA calibration procedure for VCA modules and some info how to clean TT bantam patchbay socket....
Im looking for Aphex 500a vca schematics!!!

Help

also I need one (of three) metal doors under frame and 2 brown blank panes so if you have some..Im here to pay or trade for that

vojskakanala.jpg

chanels ready to play

reccanal.jpg

ready for work

mcijosmalo.jpg

Thanx to Mr Karl G. I finally have right frame from Florida....500kg..traveled all over the world

To clean the jackfield, get yourself a Jackfield Burnisher from Canford Audio (and a solvent injector if you need to clean normalling contacts).
You should be able to get a line-up procedure from Aphex if you go to their website - or email them.
If I remember rightly, the 1537A just requires the DC offset to be nulled out.

thanx ..I actualy need calibration procedure fo VCA with DBX 202c ..I have few aphex VCA and I would like to fix them and try them too.

To clean the jackfield, get yourself a Jackfield Burnisher from Canford Audio (and a solvent injector if you need to clean normalling contacts).

BIG thanx for that info .... I ordered that parts 5 minutes ago!!!

wow, wicked project, im right about to put my mci 400 series desk back together after a complete restortion and a few mods, ill post pics of mine soon, maybe a month ..

maybe somebody have Communication module with 2 returns and oscillator????????

BROWN ONLY...I got yellow....trade is also ok!!!!!

D

Back