100MM throw faders and where can I find them.

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pucho812

Was looking for some faders nothing fancy just a fader that could be used in place of a volume pot and for the life of me cannot locate faders with 100mm throw only 60mm.

Mouser only has up to 60mm... Might be a special order Item. :?

Doesnt one of the forum members have an ebay site where he sells P&G 100mm faders
I am sure he is german - but cant remember who

[quote author="StephenGiles"]And I would of course recommend the Penny & Giles faders :razz:[/quote]

20 years ago they sent me a couple of samples, which just happened to be missing from a 200B I was building up from junked boards - nice people with a nice name.

I did some search about P&G and found this topic. Actually I have 40 P&G faders from my old soundcraft 1624 (140mm) but I need smaller ones 110mm. I read somewhere (but I can't remember where) that P&G do some old-new exchange. Did some of you know something about?

Thanks John. Actually I'm not trying to buy I think that I heard something about old-new trade offer from P&G. So, if that's true I would like to trade my 40 old but still working P&G's :wink:

For p&g talk to Dale over at Manco.

http://www.manquen.net/png/

The 8000 series is more affordable and still feels great. The only downside is plastic bodies instead of metal and no replaceable tracks.

[quote author="BradAvenson"]For p&g talk to Dale over at Manco.

http://www.manquen.net/png/

The 8000 series is more affordable and still feels great. The only downside is plastic bodies instead of metal and no replaceable tracks.[/quote]
That's great. Thanks for info :thumb:

hey pucho,
not sure exactly what you're looking for, but panasonic makes 100mm faders. mackie uses them in their mixers (i believe). DK has it listed in their catalog (but only in 10K in different tapers) all under $11 if you want cheap. also possibly check dbm pro audio (they have some behringer 100mm replacements parts in 10K and 100K i think).
-grant

My Harrison 4032 board has P&G while my Tascam M3500 has Alps "K" series. With the P&G, the mounting screws are off-set a bit from the center, while the Alps are in-line with the center. Alps mono 10K sliders were about 15 bucks at Newark last time I checked while the dual was around 24 bucks. They feel very smooth and seem to last a long time, though not as long as my P&G pots. Physically, they about the same size as a P&G 3000 series slider. Like I said, they feel really good, the taper and tracking between pots is excellent, and the price won't totally drain your bank account.

Jim

We stock the 10K in Audio Taper (AL-02-001) and VCA taper (AL-02-006).... they are both the same price;

1+ GBP 7.50 each
5 + GBP 6.00 each
50+ GBP 5.10 each

http://www.audiomaintenance.com/acatalog/faders_carbon.html

We also stock the stereo version (audio taper) and a wide selection of P&G faders and spare parts.

Prices exclude freight and VAT [if applicable]

Colin
www.audiomaintenance.com

Latest posts

Back