SSL cards...sell, strip, doormat?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Freq Band

GDIY Supporter
I picked up these pulled cards (2 of them) at a surplus store.
I don't know what console they come from.

What use would I or someone else have with these "Analog I/O" (with dig conversion).
There are four AD1865-J per board, Nippon dig. filters, etc...

DSCN2100.jpg

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y177/Midiot/DSCN2101.jpg

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y177/Midiot/DSCN2102.jpg

=FB=

They'd probably be worth something as spareparts for whatever desk they came from? I would for sure prefer to have backups of technologically-transient stuff like AD and DA's, with associated parts...

Jakob E

I salvage stuff when I can, but I check the stuff out good before I use it.

Those cards may be worth something to someone but there is a few things on that should at least cover the cost of the boards from surplus.

It's an 8-channel analog I/O. It's divided into four "quarters": D/A is the top half of the board, A/D is the bottom; Digital is on the left part of the board, analog is on the right. I THINK that the AD1865 may be used in the Lexicon 480L but I'm not certain. It's an 18-bit device, giving true 16-bit performance, but not full7 18-bit, IIRC.

I'LL TAKE THE HYBRID BOARDS!!! -those are the little surface-mount ceramic chips with pins down one side... -There's eight of one type them in the top right of the picture, in a line running downwards, and then eight of a different type below that.

If the grey caps in the very top right are nonpolarised, (they usually were) I'd be interested in taking them too...

-Those parts could keep a LOT of old SSL stuff working, after idiots patch the outputs into phantom-power-engaged mic preamp inputs... (the usual problem! :roll:)

Keef

I'd love to know what the modle numbers of all of those different SIL chips are.

they might be rather useful in converting old 5000 series modules from unballanced to ballanced.

Back