12-position, 4-pole switch?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SSLtech

I have two of these, but they're WAY too big to fit into a 1-rack unit case. I could just bite the bullet and make the project which I have in mind into a bigger (2RU or larger) box, but that would be ugly, wasteful and altogether untidy-looking when it's all finished.

-Does ANYONE have a source for a decent 4-pole 12-way (or 10 or 11-way) switch, that's compact enough to go into a 1RU case???

Cheers,

Keith

Check out:
http://cgi.ebay.com/4P-12T-Hermetic-Rotary-Switches-Mil-grade-Lot-of-4_W0QQitemZ200108582051QQihZ010QQcategoryZ58168QQcmdZViewItem
I have bought several switches from this guy, all very nice Russian Military stuff. Most of them mount with screws, I found some 1" 4/40 and the nuts from a D-sub shell work great
Switches also have a grounding lug....
Cheers!

I'm posting this on behalf of clintrubber (who has managed to lock
himself out of GDIY by means of messing with his profile...:-(

Hello Keith,

That ebay-auction above has just ended and since I didn't want to take
the risk that they would go to someone else outside groupdiy I just took
them
(lot of 4).
My intention was of course not to get them right before you could, but with
me
now being unable to post here directly, I realize it might give another
impression....

Let me know if you're interested in these; I understood you were
looking for 2 (I can use 2 myself).
Please don't PM but e-mail me then, as said I don't have access to this
forum at the moment.

BUT:
If you look at the sellers other/newer auctions, you see there's also
already a new lot of 4 available.
So most likely there's a big stock that's sold in lots of 4.

http://cgi.ebay.com/4P-12T-Hermetic-Rotary-Switches-Mil-grade-Lot-of-4_W0QQitemZ200110765516QQihZ010QQcategoryZ58168QQcmdZViewItem
Bye, Peter / clintrubber chickennerdpig (at) hetnet (dot) nl

Niels,

Cheers! -I bought some switches for this exact purpose from him, but they are the ones which are much too large... These do look good though...

I see that Clintrubber bought them.. -I'll ask him if he needs them ALL...

Keith

I think I have 6 grayhills that I got and never used. They are real compact muppets. I think their 2/12 with programing. Only prop might be that their pcbmount and have tiny contacts. Need a proto let me know.

When you say 2/12 what does that mean... 2-pole/12-way or something else?

I really need the 4-pole version, -if it's 4-pole I'm VERY interested... PCB mount or not!

Keith

Have you checked out the rotary switch kits at RS stock number 352-187? The data sheet says 30mm and you can stack up to 8 wafers on the shaft; one of the wafers available are 1 pole 11 way MBB and if you don't need MBB they have 1 pole 12 way wafers.

I need some full bezels for four Sifam AL19s and have been thinking about adding two of these switch kits to my order to get the "free" shipping. Could report back if you're interested...

Sorry Keith its a 2 pole. I can tell you thats its about 1/3 the size of an alpha and extremely well made. They cost around 15 bucks a pop but the quality is great. yeah I meant 2 pole 12 position, I think I'll go pull them out and make sure thats what they are.

If your replacing rotary switches be aware of the shaft size because the shaft is much smaller than the shaft of a lorlin or alpha. In fact you might be able to fit the entire switch through the hole for a lorlin size.

RS switch kit..... about a scores worth.

switch.jpg

switch2.jpg

ieth, did you check out greyhill? They are pretty compact and I hear they are very easy to deal with directly to customize your switch.

I'm posting this on behalf of clintrubber (who has managed to lock
himself out of GDIY by means of messing with his profile...:-(

Hello Keith,

That ebay-auction above has just ended and since I didn't want to take
the risk that they would go to someone else outside groupdiy I just took
them
(lot of 4).
My intention was of course not to get them right before you could, but with
me
now being unable to post here directly, I realize it might give another
impression....

Let me know if you're interested in these; I understood you were
looking for 2 (I can use 2 myself).
Please don't PM but e-mail me then, as said I don't have access to this
forum at the moment.

BUT:
If you look at the sellers other/newer auctions, you see there's also
already a new lot of 4 available.
So most likely there's a big stock that's sold in lots of 4.

http://cgi.ebay.com/4P-12T-Hermetic-Rotary-Switches-Mil-grade-Lot-of-4_W0QQitemZ200110765516QQihZ010QQcategoryZ58168QQcmdZViewItem
Bye, Peter / clintrubber chickennerdpig (at) hetnet (dot) nl

i found that on the web
http://www.commutatori-palazzo.it/inglese/inglese.htm

really interesting switch, good fabrication, some of them models are used in tubetech line, so they have a minimum order, i contact them and the owner seems really a nice guy

Latest posts

Back